cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG key button and volume button not working

krlosg7
Level 7
Hello everyone,

After one week the ROG key button and volume button are not working. All key button F1 - F12 work.

Laptop Asus Rog Strix G512LI.

The Armoury Version is:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.2.12.0
ROG Live Service 1.5.11.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.66
Armoury Crate service 5.2.10
Aura Wallpaper Service Not installed
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.12.0

I reinstall armoury software and drivers from Asus support site but the 5 key button are disabled.

Thanks for your support.
10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
Have you tried installing the ASUS System Control Interface driver from the support site?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Have you tried installing the ASUS System Control Interface driver from the support site?

Yes i have installed the Asus system control interface 3.1.5.0.

Nate152
Hi krlosg,

I'm not too familiar with laptops but, does anything look abnormal in Armoury Crate, like any keys greyed out?

There may be a reset button in Armoury Crate you could try.

oakpope
Level 7

I have the same problem. The five keys don't work, everything else is fine.

KennyKiller
Level 7

im having this same issue as well on my ASUS ROG Strix Scar 16

HaremKing44
Level 7

Hi,
I have bought new ASUS ROG Strix Scar 16 G634JZ day before yesterday and today i was facing this same issue. In my case all of my 5 hotkeys just stopped working completely. But I managed to solve this issue by doing the following:
Go to BIOS-> Advanced-> Disable "Armoury Crate Control Interface Support".
By doing this, my hotkeys started working again. After that I re-enabled "Armoury Crate Control Interface Support" in the bios and it's still working.
Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you - this worked for me (on a new G17):

1. The 5 hotkeys didn't work
  2. Reboot (holding F2 to get to BIOS)
  3. Go to BIOS-> Advanced-> Disable "Armoury Crate Control Interface Support"
  4. Reboot - the 5 hotkeys didn't work
  5. Reboot (holding F2 to get to BIOS)
  6. Go to BIOS-> Advanced-> Disable "Armoury Crate Control Interface Support"
  7. The 5 hotkeys now work

Hey guys,...
So, I've run into the same problem with my hotkeys – all five of them just stopped working a while back. I'm pretty sure it's not a dust issue or anything stuck underneath, but more likely something to do with the settings..

I tried following the steps that some of you mentioned worked, like going into the BIOS and turning off the "Armoury Crate Control Interface Support", but it still didn't fix the problem. Is it possible I didn't do the first steps correctly?

Does anyone have any other ideas I could try?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

The steps I listed worked for me - I had to do it twice.

Some people have uninstalled and re-installed the Armoury Crate software - have you tried doing that?

Because of this and some other issues with the laptop (distorted audio and flickering screen) I returned it for a refund.