cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore

FoskcoRS5
Level 7
Dear ASUS,

We want the Claymore, and we want it now.

Please.

Thank you,

-Your loyal consumers
390 REPLIES 390

I've already given this feedback in the product feedback forum but I wanted to say it here as well.

I'm a big supporter of ROG and have been for my last 3 builds. I'm not disgruntled or angry, I just want Asus to know why they aren't going to get my money in this instance so that hopefully in the next iteration of the Claymore, the oversight will be fixed.

I'm 49 years old, have been gaming since my dad bought the old Telestar and connected it up to the TV. Been hooked since my Atari 2600 and sneaking around searching for what games I was going to get for Christmas (really mom, you hide my gifts under your bed? I was 12, not retarded). All this to say, I'm still a competitive gamer, but the ole parts don't work as well as they used to. Namely, I have arthritis in my hands and wrists, without a wrist rest I would, eventually, be in too much pain to continue gaming with my buddies if it were longer than an hour session. What respectable gamer games for 60 minutes and then needs a salt bath and massage?

So that is the only issue I have and why I will be getting the Corsair K95. I like Corsair as well, but ROG is my brand. Disappointed you didn't keep us feeble 1st generation gamers in mind.

Thanks.

nbtc971 wrote:
I've already given this feedback in the product feedback forum but I wanted to say it here as well.

I'm a big supporter of ROG and have been for my last 3 builds. I'm not disgruntled or angry, I just want Asus to know why they aren't going to get my money in this instance so that hopefully in the next iteration of the Claymore, the oversight will be fixed.

I'm 49 years old, have been gaming since my dad bought the old Telestar and connected it up to the TV. Been hooked since my Atari 2600 and sneaking around searching for what games I was going to get for Christmas (really mom, you hide my gifts under your bed? I was 12, not retarded). All this to say, I'm still a competitive gamer, but the ole parts don't work as well as they used to. Namely, I have arthritis in my hands and wrists, without a wrist rest I would, eventually, be in too much pain to continue gaming with my buddies if it were longer than an hour session. What respectable gamer games for 60 minutes and then needs a salt bath and massage?

So that is the only issue I have and why I will be getting the Corsair K95. I like Corsair as well, but ROG is my brand. Disappointed you didn't keep us feeble 1st generation gamers in mind.

Thanks.

I was updated about 2 weeks ago that we plan to release a wrist release that will be sold separately for the ROG Claymore. However, I wasn't provided a timeline so I didn't want to share this until I had this part confirmed.

^^^
I'm with Quote Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post

Thanks.

^^^^
I'm with nbtc971

I have an old Corsair K90 which has served well but is due an update.

It may not have flashy RGB but it has macros I require, age related, and it came with a wrist rest included.

It's very disappointing when a brand "parts out" the components of a very costly item to increase it's revenue stream.

The Claymore really should have come with a wrist rest included especially at it's price point. A premium item from a premium brand.

I still have a Claymore on pre-order, hoping it doesn't turn out to be the hardware equivalent of DukeNukem, because I like the gear.

Unfortunately the Claymore saga is leaving a sour taste at the moment, however, I'm anticpating a postive, more minty, outcome once ROG get their act together.

Bahz wrote:
I was updated about 2 weeks ago that we plan to release a wrist release that will be sold separately for the ROG Claymore. However, I wasn't provided a timeline so I didn't want to share this until I had this part confirmed.

That's good news considering I just blew my wad on a new Strix 1070 instead of a new keyboard, so a Claymore purchase is still possible if I get some more information on the wrist rest before I've saved my pennies and am able to purchase the K95.

Also, for anyone googling 'Telestar' my memory failed me, it was the 70's after all. The name of the game console was Telstar. My bad.

Rewerend wrote:
I have the beta already installed, maybe it can cause issue. But If you can provide installer .exe file I will try to install, maybe it can fix issue. Or I can try clean uninstall and then install. So this new version is now nonBeta?

So you already have version 1.02.15 installed? I don't remember sending it to you.

Brighttail wrote:
This is only for the Claymore? I'm assuming there is nothing in the Armoury software for the Spatha that is new? If there is I can beta test. I do not have a Claymore.

Yes, this is just for the Claymore as it was created for the Claymore and untested with other products.

Just had my Claymore delivered from Scan.co.uk and it appears to have an old s/n H1MPYH000836.

I was under the impression, from this thread, that any current purchase should be new stock with s/n starting H7/H8/H9.

Should I be returning this product as defective because there were clearly many hardware issues with the early stock.

I don't want to wait until it is out of warranty and then issues appear.

Additionally, there is no reddot sticker on the front of the box.

OK, so called Scan regarding this matter. I explained basic history and lack of production for past several months,

pointing to this thread.

I spoke to Michael who was very understanding of the situation and has offered RMA to either replace with new stock,

s/n is identifier, or refund if no stock with new serial numbers.

BTW, thanks to Bahz for posting the relelvant s/n codes for old and new stock otherwise I would have been none the wiser.

v1kt0r wrote:
OK, so called Scan regarding this matter. I explained basic history and lack of production for past several months,

pointing to this thread.

I spoke to Michael who was very understanding of the situation and has offered RMA to either replace with new stock,

s/n is identifier, or refund if no stock with new serial numbers.

BTW, thanks to Bahz for posting the relelvant s/n codes for old and new stock otherwise I would have been none the wiser.

Unfortunately too many retailers don't do frequent stock rotation which is a standard procedure. I hope you receive a new stock replacement soon.

Jimbet45
Level 7
I got problem with this ROG Claymore . Whenever Im in game especially Dota 2 , when I hold leader board button,it will act like im spamming the key. Actually im just holding the key instead of spamming. But the reaction of the leader board goes like im spamming the key . Also the other key like Caps lock,when im holding the Caps Lock key,it goes like im spamming the key. When i try with other keyboard,it was not happening like that . Any idea ?