cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore

FoskcoRS5
Level 7
Dear ASUS,

We want the Claymore, and we want it now.

Please.

Thank you,

-Your loyal consumers
390 REPLIES 390

Bahz wrote:
you can expect to see it on the shelves of stores within 1 month for most major countries.

Thank you for this info ❤️

Bahz wrote:
The Claymore has already been released in Hong Kong and Singapore but the release date for other countries will vary, we're working as fast as possible to improve the software as quickly as possible. The product itself is ready and since it's already selling in some countries, you can expect to see it on the shelves of stores within 1 month for most major countries.

This is not true. I am from Singapore.

Only the claymore CORE edition is available. It is the tenlesskey version, and the number pad add-on is not available for purchase.

May I know when will we be able to purchase the non-core version or the number pad separately? Another few years time?

Rgds,
Ken

maliciousken wrote:
This is not true. I am from Singapore.

Ouch.. I certainly hope the regular/full edition will be available at launch here in EU..

I NEED IT :rolleyes:

Brighttail
Level 11
My apologies, you were apparently on vacation. 🙂

Concerning the Claymore, will there ever be an option for a wrist rest? I don't know of any high-end keyboard that doesn't have one! 🙂 Some of us have carpal tunnel!
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Well said I wasn't going to do it. But saw it on Amazon, and it will be here on the 27th. Core with brown switches. $159

DaKon wrote:
Well said I wasn't going to do it. But saw it on Amazon, and it will be here on the 27th. Core with brown switches. $159
Ya had mine on pre order but decided to cancel and wait for non core version with cherry reds hopefully it wont be to long here in the US, but it would have been nice to have before Christmas!!!

DaKon wrote:

I'm a little confused on the optional color switches (cherry vs brown). Can you provide any specific details (or picture) as to what they are talking about?

Slick8791 wrote:
I'm a little confused on the optional color switches (cherry vs brown). Can you provide any specific details (or picture) as to what they are talking about?

I would just google cherry mx switch, and you will have a lot of great articles to read. They use colors to denote the switch type and the force required to actuate.

Hello all,
I have been waiting to get this board since i read about it online a while back. The other day i went to my local Fry's and to my surprise they had the Core version on the self. I was so excited i grabbed one and promptly paid for it and headed home. No looking around this day. I got home and opened up the box. The keyboard was in a black velvety bag. The keyboard is beautiful! Solid. Great looking design. I plugged it in and started to use it. In my excitement i thought i was typing things wrong, but as it turns out some of the keys were not responding at all on some if not most of the key strokes or would respond with multiple characters on each keystroke. I decided to test it in Notepad by hitting each key 10 times to see how they responded. About 20% of the keys responded poorly. IE - the # 1 key showed 10 ones on the screen. One for each press of the key. This is good. # 2 key. Showed 8 twos on the screen in ten presses. # 3 key showed 12 threes in ten presses. I did this for all the keys with letters and many didn't respond well. I though that maybe they needed to be "broken in" by constant pressing of these "bad" keys and although it seemed to work at first it was not consistent. This is horrible considering it's a gaming keyboard that boasts fast response and that it's $160.
I returned the keyboard that same day and asked for an exchange for another new one. ( there were three boxes on the shelve when i initially saw them ) I got another one and asked them to "test" it before i took possession. That keyboard did the same thing as the one I had did. They marked them both "return to vendor". I knew that there was one left on the shelf, but i was so disappointed that pissed off that i opted to just get my money back. Maybe these were a bad batch? Maybe they were released too early and not tested very well? Either way for a $160 keyboard that my $20 cheap Azio would beat in performance that is unacceptable!
Not to mention wasting gas to drive there and back twice at 10 miles each way! What a waste. On a good note let me say that the lights on the keyboard were stunning! I can't pin point it, but it was better than any other lighting system on any RGB keyboard that i have seen. I think that i will wait for a while to get this keyboard again maybe wait until the one with the number pad is released. Then again maybe go with a Corsair one instead. Never had a problem with those yet.
It just sicks cuz i really wanted that keyboard and it did look amazing! With or without the lights on.

fram00 wrote:
Hello all,
I have been waiting to get this board since i read about it online a while back. The other day i went to my local Fry's and to my surprise they had the Core version on the self. I was so excited i grabbed one and promptly paid for it and headed home. No looking around this day. I got home and opened up the box. The keyboard was in a black velvety bag. The keyboard is beautiful! Solid. Great looking design. I plugged it in and started to use it. In my excitement i thought i was typing things wrong, but as it turns out some of the keys were not responding at all on some if not most of the key strokes or would respond with multiple characters on each keystroke. I decided to test it in Notepad by hitting each key 10 times to see how they responded. About 20% of the keys responded poorly. IE - the # 1 key showed 10 ones on the screen. One for each press of the key. This is good. # 2 key. Showed 8 twos on the screen in ten presses. # 3 key showed 12 threes in ten presses. I did this for all the keys with letters and many didn't respond well. I though that maybe they needed to be "broken in" by constant pressing of these "bad" keys and although it seemed to work at first it was not consistent. This is horrible considering it's a gaming keyboard that boasts fast response and that it's $160.
I returned the keyboard that same day and asked for an exchange for another new one. ( there were three boxes on the shelve when i initially saw them ) I got another one and asked them to "test" it before i took possession. That keyboard did the same thing as the one I had did. They marked them both "return to vendor". I knew that there was one left on the shelf, but i was so disappointed that pissed off that i opted to just get my money back. Maybe these were a bad batch? Maybe they were released too early and not tested very well? Either way for a $160 keyboard that my $20 cheap Azio would beat in performance that is unacceptable!
Not to mention wasting gas to drive there and back twice at 10 miles each way! What a waste. On a good note let me say that the lights on the keyboard were stunning! I can't pin point it, but it was better than any other lighting system on any RGB keyboard that i have seen. I think that i will wait for a while to get this keyboard again maybe wait until the one with the number pad is released. Then again maybe go with a Corsair one instead. Never had a problem with those yet.
It just sicks cuz i really wanted that keyboard and it did look amazing! With or without the lights on.

Yup, exactly why I always wait for 2nd or 3rd batch to release lol. but in this case I am wating for the claymore not the core version.