cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore II

420_69_1337
Level 7
Hello guys. I just got ROG Claymore II keyboard [RX blue], and it's AWESOME! But i can't seem to update firmware. I will put the message i get from ARMORY II V5 in attachments. I'm doing what it asks, but it's always the same message. I don't intend to use this keyboard in wireless mode, only over usb (Type-c to Type-c, since my motherboard have a Type-c port). Thanks for any help! ❤️
91 REPLIES 91

Welcome.

We'll definitely look into it, thanks!

Tekamine wrote:
Welcome.

Changing USB ports worked for me.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
We confirmed this. ASUS Display Widget has a function which uses Ctrl + Alt + E as the default hotkey, what you can do is modify the hotkey to avoid this conflict.

Nate152
Hi einkaufak

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Try resetting your ROG Claymore II by pressing and holding the Fn+ESC keys for 10-15 seconds. If that didn't help, use the uninstall tool to uninstall Armoury Crate and try reinstalling.

From the ASUS Support Center, select your operating system and click Show all in blue, the Armoury Crate uninstall tool is the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0 and check for updates at the update center, the latest version of Armoury Crate is 5.3.4.0.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

Hello everyone.

I tried to update the ROG Claymore II keyboard firmware (the new firmware was notified to me today by the program Armoury Crate), but every time I try to update the firmware, I get this error message:

Encountered error trying to identify the firmware version.
Please reconnect the device, and click "Check for Updates" to try again.

I've already tried resetting the keyboard and uninstalling and reinstalling Armoury Crate, but the situation doesn't change...

My actual firmware is: 30.83.04

Keyboard version: 30.43.03
Keypad version: 2.00.02

How can I solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

74lobster

NoiZe182
Level 7

Hello all, @Nate152  @MasterC , now is 2023 and i encountered the problem. I just can`t update my ROG Claymore II, tried all variants in this thread and still no luck. now after trying to update my keyboard even started lagging,  any new methods to update the keyboard?

Nate152

Hello Noize182

The only way to update is with Armoury Crate.

Try using the USB-C to USB-A adapter cable.

1) With the adapter cable connected, connect the cable to your ROG Claymore II and a pc usb port.

2) Set the wireless switch on the ROG Claymore II to wired mode.

3) Connect the wireless dongle to a pc usb port.

4) Reset your ROG Claymore II by pressing and holding the Fn + Esc keys for 10-15 seconds.

5) Try the update Armoury Crate.

If you still get the error and lag, try using the usb extender to bring the wireless dongle closer to your ROG Claymore II. I clip the usb extender on my mouse pad.

Then try the update in Armoury Crate again.

@Nate152 
1)USB-A needs to be in keyboard or in PC?
2) How to set the Wireless switch to Wired?
3) as i figured out usb passthrough doesn`t work on asus rog strix x670 E-E gaming wifi motherboard, i put the usb A in PC and USB C in keyboard or the other way, and still  the USB white light on keyboard isn`t lightning.

Nate152

1) The USB-C end goes to the keyboard, the USB-A end goes to a pc usb port.

2) The wireless switch should be set to wired mode/off.

wireless switch.png

3) Don't use the passthrough for the moment.