The only way to update is with Armoury Crate.
Try using the USB-C to USB-A adapter cable.
1) With the adapter cable connected, connect the cable to your ROG Claymore II and a pc usb port.
2) Set the wireless switch on the ROG Claymore II to wired mode.
3) Connect the wireless dongle to a pc usb port.
4) Reset your ROG Claymore II by pressing and holding the Fn + Esc keys for 10-15 seconds.
5) Try the update Armoury Crate.
If you still get the error and lag, try using the usb extender to bring the wireless dongle closer to your ROG Claymore II. I clip the usb extender on my mouse pad.
Then try the update in Armoury Crate again.
1)USB-A needs to be in keyboard or in PC?
2) How to set the Wireless switch to Wired?
3) as i figured out usb passthrough doesn`t work on asus rog strix x670 E-E gaming wifi motherboard, i put the usb A in PC and USB C in keyboard or the other way, and still the USB white light on keyboard isn`t lightning.
1) The USB-C end goes to the keyboard, the USB-A end goes to a pc usb port.
2) The wireless switch should be set to wired mode/off.
3) Don't use the passthrough for the moment.