cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore II

420_69_1337
Level 7
Hello guys. I just got ROG Claymore II keyboard [RX blue], and it's AWESOME! But i can't seem to update firmware. I will put the message i get from ARMORY II V5 in attachments. I'm doing what it asks, but it's always the same message. I don't intend to use this keyboard in wireless mode, only over usb (Type-c to Type-c, since my motherboard have a Type-c port). Thanks for any help! ❤️
91 REPLIES 91

Nate152 wrote:
It should install the latest update, let me know how it went.

Thank you.

My device kit for the Claymore II is currently on 2.1.2.3. I think it's the latest. Thank you.

same problem

fallofahero wrote:
same problem

hi fallofahero,
i got the same error in the last firmware update but managed to get it work.

1. If you are using the keyboard in 80% mode, connect the numpad.
2. Keep your dongle connected in the back panel
3. Connect the keyboard via usb (you can also repeat this process by using another usb port in the motherboard)
4. Turn off your keyboard while connected via usb
5. Restart pc, open armoury crate and try again

This is what i did and finnally got updated, hope it helps

drbtt wrote:
hi fallofahero,
i got the same error in the last firmware update but managed to get it work.

1. If you are using the keyboard in 80% mode, connect the numpad.
2. Keep your dongle connected in the back panel
3. Connect the keyboard via usb (you can also repeat this process by using another usb port in the motherboard)
4. Turn off your keyboard while connected via usb
5. Restart pc, open armoury crate and try again

This is what i did and finnally got updated, hope it helps

thx for help

i try your list but doesnt work

then i try usb cable + dongel doesnt work
then unplug cable i try only dongle doesnt work
then unplug dongle i try only usb cable its work wtf 🙂

why do we have to try a lot of things every time plese fix armoury crate

fallofahero wrote:
thx for help

i try your list but doesnt work

then i try usb cable + dongel doesnt work
then unplug cable i try only dongle doesnt work
then unplug dongle i try only usb cable its work wtf 🙂

why do we have to try a lot of things every time plese fix armoury crate

i completly agree, asus hardware is awesome but software can be a nightmare sometimes.

1.Additionally, i remember playing with the passtrough mode (FN+F12), give a try with this setting on and off.
2.Another step could be trying with keyboard on (while usb is connected)
3.Also, i had some issues in the past when AuraSync is enabled (this applies to my rog chakram), so i'd suggest disabling the keyboard from AuraSync by setting Static or whatever, but unsynced from Aura.

So, following the previous steps i'd try it again the same process but playing with the passtrough mode on/off and keyboard on/off and keeping AuraSync unsynced while you try.

If none of this work, im out of ideas 😞

I ran into this the other day and honestly forgot what I did to get it going. I think I plugged both the USB cable and the dongle to the PC and it took normally after that. I'm not using passthrough, so that's always off. Other than that, I'm not sure. The wording on that message is quite difficult to decipher.

Nate152
Hello solariandrea,

What message do you get about the wireless connection and what device?

Take a screen shot and post it.

Thank you

I guess you misunderstood me. I was able to update the firmware on both my Claymore II and Spatha X. But only after having connected both the dongles and the device themselves with a cable as suggested in this thread. Otherwise I kept getting the very same message of this topic's first post.

What I was complaining about is that it's fine once you know it, but why does the popup state that a wireless connection should be ok as well for firmware updating, if then it doesn't work that way? It should be changed, not every user is following forums.

Nate152
Good to hear you're updated.

I see what you're saying, the pop up says to use either the wireless dongle or the usb cable to perform the update, not both.