cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore II

420_69_1337
Level 7
Hello guys. I just got ROG Claymore II keyboard [RX blue], and it's AWESOME! But i can't seem to update firmware. I will put the message i get from ARMORY II V5 in attachments. I'm doing what it asks, but it's always the same message. I don't intend to use this keyboard in wireless mode, only over usb (Type-c to Type-c, since my motherboard have a Type-c port). Thanks for any help! ❤️
91 REPLIES 91

emkdrl07
Level 10
hi, i bought asus claymore II red switch keyboard yesterday. The keyboard is very nice but the device does not update. I did everything you said. I uninstalled AC with Armory_Crate_Uninstall_Tool then reinstalled. I connecting the dongle to a usb port on your pc and connecting the ROG Claymore II to your pc with the cable. But the same annoying message. Please help me.

Nate152
Hi emkdr107

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Connect the dongle and the ROG Claymore II with cable to two motherboard usb ports.

Open device manager and click keyboards. Right click on all keyboards and select uninstall device.

Restart your pc and open Armoury Crate, does it let you perform the update?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi emkdr107

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Connect the dongle and the ROG Claymore II with cable to two motherboard usb ports.

Open device manager and click keyboards. Right click on all keyboards and select uninstall device.

Restart your pc and open Armoury Crate, does it let you perform the update?

Hey man, firstly i want to say thanks for reply me. Then i did you said but has not changed. Then i push "All Update" button(button 1 in the Picture) and has worked the update. May be problem is "Update" button(button 2 in the Picture). If anyone is experiencing my problem, you can try this. Have a nice day.

Nate152

I'm having the same issue. Dongle is plugged directly into back IO on the Motherboard and I have USB C Cable plugged into the USB C port on my Motherboard with the Keyboard Power Switch turned off with USB Passthrough turned on. I have claymore II, and Spatha X Mouse. I currently have FW Version 11.71.14.

I am running Windows 11 is that matters (it may).

I have not uninstalled ArmoryCrate yet since that solution seems to be hit or miss on this thread.

marksmith85
Level 9
Same issue I had to press update all button to get this to update.

Asus really really need to work on your software. Hardware is excellent but software is a real struggle.

peterwangtao0
Level 7
I've tried every permutations of dongle inserted vs out, wired mode on vs off, cable connected vs not. As well as removing the keyboard from Win 11 Settings and re-inserting. I keep getting this message

Been like this for 2 versions now, not sure what's going on here.

Hi peterwangtao0,

Were you able to get your ROG Claymore II updated?

Try one more time with your ROG Claymore II connected with the cable and the wireless dongle connected to two motherboard usb ports, set the wireless switch on the keyboard to On then run the update.

If it's still not updating, I will suggest uninstalling Armoury Crate with the uninstall tool and reinstalling.

You get the uninstall tool from the ASUS Support Center, select your OS then click "See All Downloads", it's the second download.

https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

You can let the cable and dongle connected with the wireless switch On when reinstalling. Once installed, log in and check for updates at the update center.

I hope to hear some good news.

I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall armory crate. Not sure if it's picking up on the latest firmware still. Hope this means it's working.