cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore II entering in BIOS, F2 key doesn't work

74lobster
Level 10
Hi all,

I own an Asus ROG Claymore II keyboard and I have replaced all the DDR4 ram banks in my computer (mobo Asus Maximus XIII Hero - Z590) with a new type, but now when I have to enter the BIOS by pressing the F2 key, the keyboard doesn't work.

The keyboard is connected both via USB C cable and wireless, but when the pc is turned on it doesn't seem to be recognized by the BIOS and therefore I have to use another keyboard connected in classic USB A port to press F2 key.

I wanna specify that the keyboard is updated with the latest firmware and that with the previous ram the keyboard also worked in the BIOS.

Once loaded Windows 11, the keyboard works perfectly.

Do you have any ideas to how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
74lobster
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hi 74lobster,

When booting up, try tapping the Del key, this should also let you enter the bios.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi 74lobster,

When booting up, try tapping the Del key, this should also let you enter the bios.

I already told you that the keyboard doesn't function, I can press all keys, but no input.
74lobster

74lobster
Level 10
I solved the issue myself: if you connect the keyboard with USB C, the keyboard is not detected in the bios, if connected via USB A, is detected and fully functional.
74lobster

Nate152
Ok, good to hear you have it working with the usb-A adapter cable.

What about wireless mode, are you able to enter the bios when using wireless?

Nate152 wrote:
Ok, good to hear you have it working with the usb-A adapter cable.

What about wireless mode, are you able to enter the bios when using wireless?

Not at all.
74lobster

Nate152
Sorry for the late reply.

If wireless works once you're in windows, it has to be how the usb ports are initialized at boot.

Do you have the wireless dongle connected directly to a usb port on your pc?

Try updating to the latest motherboard bios and disabling CSM.