cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Azoth OLED Burnt In Charging Indicator - Feature Request

Lazeeey
Level 8

Hello, 

Im using the keyboard as my main driver and so just use it wired 99% of the time. However, I typically just sleep my computer rather than turning it off, this means that the keyboard is still recieving power and so shows the charging percentage (Charging 100%) on the OLED screen the entire time im not actively using my computer.

This will lead to burn in, is it possible to not constantly show this charging information when it is just left plugged in?

Could a firmware change potentially mean this either doesnt show when the keyboard is set to wired or just turns off after a couple of minutes?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

Nate152

Hello Lazeeey,

In Armoury Crate on the Power tab, turn on Power saving mode, then tick "Turn off keyboard and OLED LED".

You can set the sleep timer to the desired time your keyboard goes to sleep.

ROG Azoth OLED.png

Yeha maybe it could be work, just the armour crate softwer not working for me, so many buig iin and i cant use it.

Lazeeey
Level 8

My Oled screen still shows the 100% charging info with these settings, everything is upto date with latest firmware etc.

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe these settings just arnt applying properly in armoury crate?

Nate152

It seems this is normal, mine shows the battery percentage as well.

Could be a feature to let you know how much the battery is charged when the pc is off.

You can turn off the OLED display in Armoury Crate before shutting down your pc.

That feature would make sense if the keyboard was still in one of the wireless modes, when directly connected to a pc and being used as such its just a burn in risk when every day the screen is just left showing the same thing.

Manually turning off the screen every time i want to turn off my pc is not a real solution, that would just be too annoying and over time just lead everyone to stop using this product.

Hello Lazeeey,

It would be great if you can confirm this:

If I turn the screen off in Armoury Crate, the indicators remain on?

If I turn the screen off in Armoury Crate, the indicators remain on?