Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Armoury II - v2.06.01 [Report any issues here]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Armoury II 2.06.01 is now available!
Use either Live Update or download manually here:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Keyboard_Mouse/ROG_Armoury_v20601.zip?_ga=2.11740852.1005...

If you experience any issues, please post in this thread. Thanks!

*** New in 2.06.01 ***
Stats feature for keyboards:

*** Fixes ***
Spatha key assignment
Spatha calibration
Evolve key assignment
Installation on ROG Strix GL703

ROG Armoury\MacroAgent.exe is posting as an APPCRASH in the Windows Event Log. I don't even use the macro feature.

Come on Asus ... fix this !

Description
Stopped working
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\MacroAgent.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MacroAgent.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 5ad6a86e
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.2.17134.112
Fault Module Timestamp: c863c6f9
Exception Code: c0020001
Exception Offset: 0010db52
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 821c74208e3732339c91ed72ec50c8e3 (2058687582531799267)

If someone from Asus can chime in here and explain clearly what 'service' is tied to this macro executable ( so I can go into the Admin Settings of Windows and disable it ) that would be greatly appreciated. I'm OK with disabling services for software that doesn't get fixed right away.

YourMainDude wrote:
ROG Armoury\MacroAgent.exe is posting as an APPCRASH in the Windows Event Log. I don't even use the macro feature.

Come on Asus ... fix this !

Description
Stopped working
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\MacroAgent.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MacroAgent.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 5ad6a86e
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.2.17134.112
Fault Module Timestamp: c863c6f9
Exception Code: c0020001
Exception Offset: 0010db52
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 821c74208e3732339c91ed72ec50c8e3 (2058687582531799267)

If someone from Asus can chime in here and explain clearly what 'service' is tied to this macro executable ( so I can go into the Admin Settings of Windows and disable it ) that would be greatly appreciated. I'm OK with disabling services for software that doesn't get fixed right away.

Can you elaborate on how you managed to get this error? The steps in order to replicate would be ideal.

Here's a counter question:

Ultimately, Asus wants customers. If a customer has an Asus Mobo - an Asus addressable strip - an Asus graphics card - and a Glad II mouse, how on earth are they supposed to focus on using ONE piece of Asus software for lighting control when something like Armory is absolutely needed for greater control of the mouse?

In answer to your question, I have both Armory & Aura installed on my Crosshair VII Hero.

The steps to get this error ...
Having Aura and Armory installed on the same machine.
For you to even suggest that these two pieces of software cannot coexist is quite revealing.

Here's another counter question - asked a second time:
Which service under Windows invokes the MacroAgent executable? I wish to disable that junk.

(Have I tried testing on another PC ... LMAO)

YourMainDude wrote:
Here's a counter question:

Ultimately, Asus wants customers. If a customer has an Asus Mobo - an Asus addressable strip - an Asus graphics card - and a Glad II mouse, how on earth are they supposed to focus on using ONE piece of Asus software for lighting control when something like Armory is absolutely needed for greater control of the mouse?

In answer to your question, I have both Armory & Aura installed on my Crosshair VII Hero.

The steps to get this error ...
Having Aura and Armory installed on the same machine.
For you to even suggest that these two pieces of software cannot coexist is quite revealing.

Here's another counter question - asked a second time:
Which service under Windows invokes the MacroAgent executable? I wish to disable that junk.

(Have I tried testing on another PC ... LMAO)

Sorry but if installing both Aura and Armoury causes this issue, we should have more than one case reported. So, it would be helpful if we know exactly what software and hardware you have, when the error occurs, and if testing your peripherals on another system produces the same result. Do you have a laptop to try on?

The purpose of Aura is to govern all lighting effects for your entire system, adding Armoury software provides greater control of peripherals. Armoury is a complete solution for those who only have peripherals, and have no need for comprehensive settings for the lighting. Since only one software is allowed to control the lighting at a time, you need to unsync all peripherals in Aura before opening Armoury.

One of the significant upgrades in Armoury II is driver-based macros. This means Armoury software does not need to be open for macros to work, however, you will need MacroAgent to be running as a background process. You don't wanna disable that junk 🙂

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Sorry but if installing both Aura and Armoury causes this issue, we should have more than one case reported. So, it would be helpful if we know exactly what software and hardware you have, when the error occurs, and if testing your peripherals on another system produces the same result. Do you have a laptop to try on?

The purpose of Aura is to govern all lighting effects for your entire system, adding Armoury software provides greater control of peripherals. Armoury is a complete solution for those who only have peripherals, and have no need for comprehensive settings for the lighting. Since only one software is allowed to control the lighting at a time, you need to unsync all peripherals in Aura before opening Armoury.

One of the significant upgrades in Armoury II is driver-based macros. This means Armoury software does not need to be open for macros to work, however, you will need MacroAgent to be running as a background process. You don't wanna disable that junk 🙂

What a poor excuse of explanation and if you are correct in the conflicting behavior, then Asus IS just like MSI.
Figures.
If you can site specific, official guidance from the Asus vaults on interoperability - I'll take you more seriously.
Additionally, even suggesting a trial of the Asus utilities on a side-line 'laptop' without all the discrete hardware in place brings up some concerning troubleshooting skill. Talk about anything BUT a proper design of experiments.

The problem is, you assumed too much in your position about what is controlling my lighting without even asking. But regardless, I've traced the issue to the Task Manager in Win 10 Pro and have disabled 'the macro junk'. So far do good. I will update my findings when a significant statistical basis is achieved. Anyone that believes that 'a statistical basis' is valid by counting the number of complaints via a forum is a proper way to gauge things ... well, it should be readily apparent what is flawed with that reasoning. Forums don't represent reality 9 times out o f 10. People simply don't participate at the aggregate level. Nor do they check internal Win logs.

Armory is controlling my mouse just fine... lights and all. It's the macro junk in the background that is having issues.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Seshi wrote:
I do but I have aura turned off. I also tried your suggestion of reinstalling aura but my claymore still requires armoury to be opened or using shortcut keys to switch between lighting profiles for the lighting to turn back on.

Also, the link program feature doesn't work all the time and when the program is closed it doesn't have the ability to revert back default/previous profile. Logitech's gaming program does this really well!

Which software are you using to control the lighting?
Aura or Armoury? If you want to control the lighting for peripherals only, then Armoury is all you need.
Are you running Aura Sync?
What ROG products do you have?
Have you tried testing on another PC?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Which software are you using to control the lighting?
Aura or Armoury? If you want to control the lighting for peripherals only, then Armoury is all you need.
Are you running Aura Sync?
What ROG products do you have?
Have you tried testing on another PC?

So the lighting doesn't turn off after waking up from sleep on my MacBook (no aura or armoury installed). So the problem seems to only happen on my desktop which I have both armoury and aura installed. I use Aura to turn off the lighting on my ROG Strix GPU and Maximus IX Formula motherboard, and armoury to control the lighting on my claymore. Assuming there is some sort of conflict between the two software but if I uninstall Aura I keep the lighting on the motherboard and GPU off.

Hopefully, you guys can combine the control software into 1 to prevent this kind of problem.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Seshi wrote:
So the lighting doesn't turn off after waking up from sleep on my MacBook (no aura or armoury installed). So the problem seems to only happen on my desktop which I have both armoury and aura installed. I use Aura to turn off the lighting on my ROG Strix GPU and Maximus IX Formula motherboard, and armoury to control the lighting on my claymore. Assuming there is some sort of conflict between the two software but if I uninstall Aura I keep the lighting on the motherboard and GPU off.

Hopefully, you guys can combine the control software into 1 to prevent this kind of problem.

If there a particular reason why you don't want to just use Aura for lighting? You've got all that Aura Sync gear...
Are you using the KeyBot USB port for the Claymore?

shamandgg
Level 9
When I open Armoury I have Windows 10 security pop up every time: 'Do you want this app to make changes...' with YES/NO selection, and it is quite a bugger.

shamandgg wrote:
When I open Armoury I have Windows 10 security pop up every time: 'Do you want this app to make changes...' with YES/NO selection, and it is quite a bugger.

You'll need to change your User Account Control settings in Windows.