cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Armoury II - V2.04.07

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
ROG Armoury Version 2.04.07 is now available for download.
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/2C2BEC4330D04A4482B68FCF941F3BEA4
or
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Strix-Flare/HelpDesk_Download/
Supports: Windows 10 (64-bit) and 7 (64 & 32-bit)

*** New in Version 2.04.07 ***
- New user interface
- Mouse driver base - software simulated functions are now enabled even without Armoury II running in the background. e.g. mouse macros.
- More options for lighting customization

*** ROG Gladuis and Sica are not yet supported. ***

Hi all...new Armoury 2.04 branch don't recognize my Gladius on two different gaming notebook, G75VW and a Strix FX753VD.

Marco71.

The rog logo on the custom effect is not working and the colors on the other effects wont work

ROG CLAYMORE

we need another firmware update because i think its the firmware is the issue here

lexpolicarpio wrote:
The rog logo on the custom effect is not working and the colors on the other effects wont work

ROG CLAYMORE

we need another firmware update because i think its the firmware is the issue here

All effects should work, make sure to pick the effect then color you want and try again.

Marco1971 wrote:
Hi all...new Armoury 2.04 branch don't recognize my Gladius on two different gaming notebook, G75VW and a Strix FX753VD.

Marco71.

Did you find out what went wrong when you couldn't install Armoury? Now that it is installed, your Gladius can't be detected? Have you rebooted after installing Armoury and unlinked the Gladius in Aura? (in case you have it synced).

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Did you find out what went wrong when you couldn't install Armoury? Now that it is installed, your Gladius can't be detected? Have you rebooted after installing Armoury and unlinked the Gladius in Aura? (in case you have it synced).

So far...

G75VW: 2.04 branch Gladius and SICA not detected even after reboot.

Strix FX753VD: "Error number 0x80040707 Description: Dll function crashed: IsSupported.IsASUSMB Setup will now terminate" and only 1.27 release (the SICA one) works.

Marco1971.

Marco1971 wrote:
So far...

G75VW: 2.04 branch Gladius and SICA not detected even after reboot.

Strix FX753VD: "Error number 0x80040707 Description: Dll function crashed: IsSupported.IsASUSMB Setup will now terminate" and only 1.27 release (the SICA one) works.

Marco1971.

Gladius (1st Gen.) and Sica are not yet supported. Sorry for the confusion. Support will be ready in the coming months.

After updating, my Spatha isn´t detected anymore. Not in wired or wireless mode.
Uninstalling/reinstalling didn´t help either.

Now, when i try to start Armoury, the software isn´t working anymore too.

My System: http://www.sysprofile.de/id66597

Ryzen 9 5950X - ASUS ROG Chrosshair VIII Extreme - G.Skill TridentZ Neo
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 - EKWB EK-AiO 360 D-RGB - Samsung 960 Evo
Asus ROG Thor 850W - Asus ROG Strix Helios
Asus ROG Claimore - Asus ROG Spatha

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Nijo wrote:
After updating, my Spatha isn´t detected anymore. Not in wired or wireless mode.
Uninstalling/reinstalling didn´t help either.

Now, when i try to start Armoury, the software isn´t working anymore too.

You can check if the MCU is causing the mouse to crash.
1. Remove the four screw covers.
2. Open up the Spatha by using the supplied screwdriver to remove the four screws. This will not void the warranty since the same procedure applies when swapping switches.
3. Disconnect then reconnect the battery connector (see link below).
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71336&d=1517823866
4. Reassemble the Spatha.
5. Test the mouse and update the firmware if necessary.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
You can check if the MCU is causing the mouse to crash.
1. Remove the four screw covers.
2. Open up the Spatha by using the supplied screwdriver to remove the four screws. This will not void the warranty since the same procedure applies when swapping switches.
3. Disconnect then reconnect the battery connector (see link below).
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71336&d=1517823866
4. Reassemble the Spatha.
5. Test the mouse and update the firmware if necessary.

Was my first try after some older Armoury versions. No luck by disconnecting the battery.
At least Armoury v10119 brought it back by re-installing the firmware during the installation.
Somehow it bricked the firmware during the auto-update to the latest version of Armoury in the first place.

Now everything seems good with the older software. I disabled auto-updates until it´s free of bugs.
My System: http://www.sysprofile.de/id66597

Ryzen 9 5950X - ASUS ROG Chrosshair VIII Extreme - G.Skill TridentZ Neo
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 - EKWB EK-AiO 360 D-RGB - Samsung 960 Evo
Asus ROG Thor 850W - Asus ROG Strix Helios
Asus ROG Claimore - Asus ROG Spatha

@MasterC@ASUS

I became aware of the newer KB4090913 for Windows 10 released by Microsoft on March 5th to deal with some USB device issues created by a February update. I didn't expect anything to be applicable but I decided to do some tests, anyway.

Note: KB4090913 has to be manually downloaded from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

KB4090913 Information:

• Addresses an issue in which some USB devices and onboard devices, such as a built-in laptop camera, keyboard, or mouse, stop working. This may occur when the Windows Update servicing stack incorrectly skips installing the newer version of some critical drivers in the cumulative update and uninstalls the currently active drivers during maintenance.

My testing:

• I Installed KB4090913.
  • Rebooted.
  • I uninstalled the Razer Synapse software.
  • I disconnected my Logitech G933 Artemis headphones.
  • I uninstalled the Logitech Gaming Software.
  • Rebooted.
  • I removed the Razer DeathAdder and added it back letting Windows decide deal with the driver. No Synapse software installed.
  • Installed Armoury v2.
  • Rebooted.
  • Ran Armoury 2 and the same problem occurred again. My mouse went crazy.
  • Ctrl-Alt-Del, tab, Restart
  • Uninstalled Armoury v2 and reinstalled Armoury v1
  • Reboot.

I've now reverted back to Armoury v1, reinstalled Razer Synapse, and reinstalled Logitech Gaming Software.