cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting Alert when battery percentage reaches...

Valour59
Level 9

Regarding this option in the power section of the keyboard (strix scope II 96 wireless):

1) Does this setting save to the on-board memory of the keyboard? Or requires connection to a PC with the armory crate open?

2) What lighting exactly should I expect to see on my keyboard when it reaches the designated threshold?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hmmm I just tested it on my strix 96 wireless, and when it reached the % (I did 50% just to test), what happened was that only the ROG logo started flashing red, and it turned off all the lighting on every other key. Strange that your keyboard has every key flashing red!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nate152

Hello Valour59

You'll want to install Armoury Crate to update your ROG Strix Scope II 96 Wireless, then on the power tab, you can set the alarm for the desired battery percentage. Armoury Crate doesn't have to be open for the alarm to go off.

When it reaches the percentage you set, your keyboard will start flashing red.

Some users had to install Armoury Crate Gear first to update the wireless receiver to the ROG Omni Receiver, I'm not sure if you will have to do this, I didn't have to.

omni receiver.png

battery percentage.png

When it reaches the % set, the whole keyboard will start flashing red? Or only the ROG logo in the top right corner?

I also want to set my keyboard to a static color (eg. red) and upon pressing a key, that key turns to a different color for just a second (eg. teal), then it turns back to red. Is that possible?

Nate152

When it reaches the battery percentage you set, every key on the keyboard flashes red.

When you connect the cable for charging, the keys will stop flashing red. When charging, the ROG logo will slowly pulse purple, when the keyboard is fully charged, the ROG logo will turn solid green.

Hmmm I just tested it on my strix 96 wireless, and when it reached the % (I did 50% just to test), what happened was that only the ROG logo started flashing red, and it turned off all the lighting on every other key. Strange that your keyboard has every key flashing red!

Nate152

Let me double check this to confirm, I may have been thinking about resetting the keyboard which flashes all the keys red. This will take a while as mine is fully charged.

I saw you filled out the google form and sent a log.

Yeah I think it makes more sense only the ROG logo flashes. After all if its low on battery and every key flashes, it only accelerates the loss of power! Thank you for the confirmation of my form's receival.

Nate152

I'm stopping back in to say that you are 100% correct. When the battery percentage hits the threshold, all the lights go out and only the ROG Logo pulses red.

Apologies for the disinformation.