cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with keys repeating

granatfarfar
Level 8
I have an ASUS ROG FALCHION M601wireless keyboard and a few times per day the keyboard just decides to repeat keystrokes (even happened while typing this). Sometimes it's just ones sometimes it spams it until I press something else. It's very disruptive as I type a lot with it. Anyone else had any of these issues and where you able to solve it?
33 REPLIES 33

Nate152
Hi granatfarfar

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Something easy to try is resetting your ROG Falchion by pressing and holding the Fn + Caps keys for 5 seconds.

Do you have Armoury Crate installed and fully updated?

The latest version is 5.3.4.0

Click the pic to make it bigger

Nate152 wrote:
Hi granatfarfar

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Something easy to try is resetting your ROG Falchion by pressing and holding the Fn + Caps keys for 5 seconds.

Do you have Armoury Crate installed and fully updated?

The latest version is 5.3.4.0

Click the pic to make it bigger

I did reset my keyboard and I do have the latest version of Armoury Crate but when I try to update my keyboard all i get is this error:

awesome that fixed my issue. My Windows key was not working and pressing fn+caps did the trick!

granatfarfar
Level 8
I did reset my keyboard and I do have the latest version of Armoury Crate but when I try to update my keyboard all i get is this error message 96266

Nate152
Ok,

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your ROG Falchion?

When checking for updates....

Connect the usb cable to your ROG Falchion and a usb port on your pc, set the wireless switch to On, connect the wireless dongle to a usb port on your pc.

Then check for updates in Armoury Crate.

If this doesn't get it to update, I'll suggest to use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reinstall Armoury Crate.

In the link below, select your operating system then click "Show all" in blue, the Armoury Crate uninstall tool is the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury%20crate/helpdesk_download/

Once uninstalled, let your keyboard connected like above and install Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0, it's the first download. Then check for updates at the Update Center.

Give us an update after trying this, thank you.

Nate152 wrote:
Ok,

Connect the usb cable to your ROG Falchion and a usb port on your pc, set the wireless switch to On, connect the wireless dongle to a usb port on your pc.

If this doesn't get it to update, I'll suggest to use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reinstall Armoury Crate.

In the link below, select your operating system then click "Show all" in blue, the Armoury Crate uninstall tool is the third download.

Once uninstalled, let your keyboard connected like above and install Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0, it's the first download. Then check for updates at the Update Center.

It was possible to update the keyboard after a few computer restarts. Time will tell if it has helped with the original problem.

Nate152 wrote:
Ok,

It has now been a few days after the update and the problem still extists. I have tried factory reset and updates but nothing seem to work, its still repeating keys randomly at times.

Nate152
Does it happen in both wired and wireless mode?

Something to try is, in the keyboard properties try setting the Repeat delay to Long.

If this doesn't help, would you have another keyboard to test with? This could confirm if it's the keyboard or possibly an operating system or software issue.