cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claymore II Issues.. How to reset entire keyboard firmware?

Brighttail
Level 11
After the last firmware update and for the past month I have been getting some intermittent issues of characters being input that I'm not typing and other times things that I type don't get input.

Other times it is like suddenly the ALT or CTRL key has engaged and I keep getting menu items or my webpage will go back a page cause I hit backspace and it thinks the ALT key has been depressed when all I'm trying to do is correct a spelling error.

Most of the time it was just reconnecting the dongle and that fixes it but today before work, I couldn't get anything working in wired or wireless mode. It seems like the ALT key is stuck in the ON position even though the ALT keys are fully upright and not being depressed in any matter. I can't type anything anywhere or even do things like get the START menu on.

Before RMA'ing i thought I would at least attempt to reset the firmware and re-update it but i'm not sure if I can reset the firmware to the original. Is there any set of keys to press to accomplish this or another way to factory reset the keyboard?

I suppose i could also uninstall Armory Crate, but I gotta bring a keyboard home from work to do this.

Thanks.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
12 REPLIES 12

roberthurley14
Level 7
You hold down FN + ESC for 10-15 seconds to reset it, that about the limit of what ASUS support did for me in terms of support. For me its the DOWN key that seems to press by itself, its super intermittent too. Cant RMA mine as I live in Ireland and having to send it back to OCuK means x2 Duty fees plus shipping, so would end up costing me more than its worth. Im using my old keyboard for now as and will try the keyboard again next year when hopefully they've nailed out the issues.
Really disappointing that a high-end device like this has so many issues.

Was that with the Claymore 2 or just the original Claymore cause that doesn't seem to work for this one. I need a phone number for tech support in north america for peripherals.

roberthurley14 wrote:
You hold down FN + ESC for 10-15 seconds to reset it, that about the limit of what ASUS support did for me in terms of support. For me its the DOWN key that seems to press by itself, its super intermittent too. Cant RMA mine as I live in Ireland and having to send it back to OCuK means x2 Duty fees plus shipping, so would end up costing me more than its worth. Im using my old keyboard for now as and will try the keyboard again next year when hopefully they've nailed out the issues.
Really disappointing that a high-end device like this has so many issues.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail wrote:
Was that with the Claymore 2 or just the original Claymore cause that doesn't seem to work for this one. I need a phone number for tech support in north america for peripherals.

1-800-got-junk :rolleyes:

Brighttail wrote:

Yes Claymore 2, hold FN + ESC keys, colours will flash then will stop upon reset - I think its a software issue... If I put my keyboard into another system where I dont have armoury crate installed etc it works fine without issue. Normally this would be good news, but when it comes to ASUS who seem to have little/no regard for software development I dont hold much hope...

Here is my version of s/w for reference

Yes, that is the way to factory reset all our keyboards. We will look into this issue. This issue does sound weird.

roberthurley14 wrote:
Yes Claymore 2, hold FN + ESC keys, colours will flash then will stop upon reset - I think its a software issue... If I put my keyboard into another system where I dont have armoury crate installed etc it works fine without issue. Normally this would be good news, but when it comes to ASUS who seem to have little/no regard for software development I dont hold much hope...

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Yes, that is the way to factory reset all our keyboards. We will look into this issue. This issue does sound weird.

Let me know if you need help diagnosing, if you have some debug jar or such, glad to assist as I have the issue happening and its intermittent (I cant determine what triggers it)
Worth noting, I installed a keylogger and when the issue happens its not recording any keystrokes, so its not a case of stickykeys or whatever, its almost like some phantom command is happening (plugged or wireless doesn't seem to make a difference)

roberthurley14 wrote:
Let me know if you need help diagnosing, if you have some debug jar or such, glad to assist as I have the issue happening and its intermittent (I cant determine what triggers it)
Worth noting, I installed a keylogger and when the issue happens its not recording any keystrokes, so its not a case of stickykeys or whatever, its almost like some phantom command is happening (plugged or wireless doesn't seem to make a difference)

Worth noting that issue hasnt resurfaced since the latest AC update, (I also removed the wifi dongle and using just wired now) will continue to monitor

Update: Issue recurred when I put back in the WiFi dongle, testing now if seen with wired only
Update 2: Nope, happened again, i noticed that issue seems to happen if I moved the keyboard around, so if i pick it up a few cms and put down on the desk the keys seem to get engaged and then got stuck in the loop (not sure if its a HW issue then...)

A bit of necroposting, but I had the same exact issue with the Claymore II I bought a few days ago via Amazon. From one moment to another, the keyboard stopped working as usual and any key I pressed was just like if I was pressing down the Alt key, and the only temporary solution was to power it off and then turn it on again. Still, even when doing this "fix" the keyboard started with the issue again after some minutes.

Since I was reading a lot of issues related to this particular keyboard, I decided to return it, so hopefully I'll get my money back.