cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claymore II Issues.. How to reset entire keyboard firmware?

Brighttail
Level 11
After the last firmware update and for the past month I have been getting some intermittent issues of characters being input that I'm not typing and other times things that I type don't get input.

Other times it is like suddenly the ALT or CTRL key has engaged and I keep getting menu items or my webpage will go back a page cause I hit backspace and it thinks the ALT key has been depressed when all I'm trying to do is correct a spelling error.

Most of the time it was just reconnecting the dongle and that fixes it but today before work, I couldn't get anything working in wired or wireless mode. It seems like the ALT key is stuck in the ON position even though the ALT keys are fully upright and not being depressed in any matter. I can't type anything anywhere or even do things like get the START menu on.

Before RMA'ing i thought I would at least attempt to reset the firmware and re-update it but i'm not sure if I can reset the firmware to the original. Is there any set of keys to press to accomplish this or another way to factory reset the keyboard?

I suppose i could also uninstall Armory Crate, but I gotta bring a keyboard home from work to do this.

Thanks.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
12 REPLIES 12

It sounds like you may be experiencing hardware or firmware issues with your keyboard.

To factory reset the keyboard, you may need to check the manufacturer's website or the product manual for specific instructions on how to reset the firmware to its original state. Some manufacturers have a specific key combination that needs to be pressed to initiate a firmware reset, while others may require the use of a software tool.

If you are unable to find instructions on how to reset the firmware, you may want to consider contacting the manufacturer's customer support for assistance or trying to RMA the keyboard.

As for the software, you can try uninstalling Armory Crate and see if that resolves the issue.

BigJohnny
Level 13
My repair for my original claymore was to chunk it in the trash and buy a Corsair K100. The Spatha went with it. I got so sick and tired of both malfunctioning be it operationally or with Armory Crate which is also gone from my machine. ASUS makes great MOBOs and GPUs but the peripherals and the software has always been lacking. Sad state of affairs when I have to use MSI afterburner to clock my ASUS Strix GPUs because GPU tweak is and always has been a failure for me. The two guys locked up in the basement that do software, firmware and BIOS across all the products need an espresso machine and let out now and then for some fresh air and sunshine.

When you sent it back did you send back just the keyboard or the whole package, including the dongle, wires, wrist rest ect. Asus' RMA instructions doesn't say what exactly to send back but warns if you send things that arent needed they may not send them back. I don't want to lose a cable or dongle. I'm used to places where you just send everything and they ship out a whole new keyboard.

BigJohnny wrote:
My repair for my original claymore was to chunk it in the trash and buy a Corsair K100. The Spatha went with it. I got so sick and tired of both malfunctioning be it operationally or with Armory Crate which is also gone from my machine. ASUS makes great MOBOs and GPUs but the peripherals and the software has always been lacking. Sad state of affairs when I have to use MSI afterburner to clock my ASUS Strix GPUs because GPU tweak is and always has been a failure for me. The two guys locked up in the basement that do software, firmware and BIOS across all the products need an espresso machine and let out now and then for some fresh air and sunshine.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop