cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog strix scope ii 96 aura issues

Exia87
Level 8

Hi all,

I have issue with scope II just going dark after waking from sleep. And its not just after waking up PC but keyboard if left unused for few minutes behaves the same. It really pains me each time to open Armory Crate and de-sync/sync again for the effects to return. Effect is most basic static light. I tried uninstalling AC and with fresh install, but its the same. Also all FW for keyboard and everything else is up to date. PC is Rog Scar 18 and connection is with usb dongle. 

16 REPLIES 16

rsdeadwyler
Level 7

I have the same problem.  I think it has to do with the profiles as I was able to resolve it once, but with an armory crate update, it went back to acting like this.  It seems like the profile wont save with the Aura sync.  Pretty stupid that a $200 keyboard cannot seem to get its features working properly.  

agree. i will start to avoid some asus products really

it works when booting up, but when the keyboard goes to sleep or the computer goes to sleep there is no RGB lighting at all.  I have checked the profiles and the default (or any profile) has some other effect than the Aura Sync.  I can set it to Aura sync and it works until the next time the keyboard or machine sleeps and stays dark.

Nate152

Hello,

Check the windows dynamic lighting is turned off.

dynamic lighting.png

Does setting the Sleep timer to Never help?

Power Saving Mode.png

Thanks its working!

rsdeadwyler
Level 7

I checked the windows 11 dynamic lighting to turned off, completely uninstalled Amoury Crate and removed everything I could find for it on the whole system, removed any other lighting software that may have conflicted with it (Lian Li L-Connect 3) and reinstalled.  Still same issue.  No change when changing the sleep settings for the keyboard.  I did notice that it was able to keep a static non-aura sync lighting correctly and works properly after the keyboard wakes.  

Seems like it has something to do with the Aura Sync portion. 

Nate152

Thank you.

It sounds like you've made some progress.

When you uninstalled Armoury Crate, did you use the uninstall tool?

If not, you'll want to use it then try reinstalling Armoury Crate.

In the link below select your operating system, click "Show all" in blue, the uninstall tool is the third download.

Armoury Crate - Support (asus.com)

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.9.1 (first download), then go to the Armoury Crate update center and update your keyboard.

Let the Lian Li software uninstalled for now, it could interfere with Armoury Crate.

How does it go after using the uninstall tool and reinstalling Armoury Crate? Don't forget to set the sleep timer to Never and turn off Power saving mode.

Yeah I was using the uninstall tool, but it kept failing at the end and telling me to reboot and try again.  I confirmed that it was uninstalled and checked any services for it as well.  I did have to manually clean up the ProgramData folder to remove anything I could find for Armory Crate or Aura Sync.  I am leaving the L-Connect uninstalled and I can try again tonight to see if there is any change, but honestly at this point I may just leave it as a static color and just live with that. 

Nate152

All right, I use a static color myself.

I see you're using a laptop, you could try resetting it and select "Restore preinstalled apps" to Yes.

Here is a quick video. If you decide to do this, be sure to turn off the windows dynamic lighting after the reset.