cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix Flare II Animate Some RGB Key Dont Turn Off.

z_reticoli969
Level 7
I have a big problem with the keyboard, in dark color mode some keys remain lit red and in rgb on mode the colors are polluted. the keyboard is not even two months old I would like to understand what happens. is it a firmware problem? is it a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance for your reply.94265
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152
Hi z.reticoli969

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Is Armoury Crate fully updated and are there any updates for your ROG Strix Flare II Animate?

Click the picture to make it bigger.

Update to the bone.

i think it is a firmware problem , maybe?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi z.reticoli969

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Is Armoury Crate fully updated and are there any updates for your ROG Strix Flare II Animate?

Click the picture to make it bigger.

Update to the bone.

i think it is a firmware problem , maybe?

Nate152
It's possible.

What I will suggest is to use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the ASUS Support Center and reinstalling.

Select your operating system then click Show all in blue, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.2.3 and run all the updates.

Does Dark mode work any better after reinstalling Armoury Crate?

Nate152 wrote:
It's possible.

What I will suggest is to use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the ASUS Support Center and reinstalling.

Select your operating system then click Show all in blue, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.2.3 and run all the updates.

Does Dark mode work any better after reinstalling Armoury Crate?

i already ran the Armory Crate uninstall tool and reinstalled everything, i also reinstalled the updates. Except the keyboard firmware which remained the newest, 3.00.10.

The problem persists.

Nate152
If you have any of the usb cables connected to a usb 3.1 port, try connecting the usb cables to usb 2.0 or 3.0 ports and try the update again.

Nate152 wrote:
If you have any of the usb cables connected to a usb 3.1 port, try connecting the usb cables to usb 2.0 or 3.0 ports and try the update again.

i tried, all usb ports, one by one.
Crate says everything is up to date.

the problem remains.

Nate152
Try resetting the bios to defaults and try the update.

If it still fails, the only other thing I know to do is a fresh windows reinstall, this will fix any problem with Armoury Crate.

Nate152 wrote:
Try resetting the bios to defaults and try the update.

If it still fails, the only other thing I know to do is a fresh windows reinstall, this will fix any problem with Armoury Crate.

the problem is not with windows, it is not with crate. is the keyboard, the last attempt I have left is to update the firmware again.

is it possible to have it?