cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Claymore II battery charge and discharge issue (Solved)

drbtt
Level 9
Hi!

I'm having some battery issues that after the lastest firmware, before the update it was working fine. i'll explain:

- im using usbc to usba (3.2) from the back io (asus rog b450-e)
- keyboard firmware: 20.12.01 / 1.00.14 / 1.00.12

When charging it stops incrementing percetage in armoury crate, says "charging" but it keeps randomly stuck at any % until i replug it againg. Same with the keyboard battery level indicator. I tried to drain the battery till 1%, then charging and got stuck at 11% and 90% until i replug the cable.

Once is fully charged it quickly discharges in a few minutes to 90%, it gets stuck a few hours at this point, then drop quickly to 86%. if i recharge again from this point it does quickly but once i unplug the cable, again drops quickly to 90% and 86%. From 86% to 16% seems to be just fine, but at 16% it gets stuck again for a period and then starts dropping normally again.

I did this process 3 times and seems to do the same every time.

i'd like to know is someone is having a similar issue after the lastest firmware or is a faulty battery before make a RMA, but as i metion before, it appeared since the lastest firmware.

Thanks!
22 REPLIES 22

Same issue here, the keyboard is constantly trying to charge and is getting locked at 85% ! The 4th bar is moving up and down.
Besides, I am using it always cabled... How's that possible that it is discharging when it is plug all the time ?
Thank you for your answers.

Nevermind, I found an issue to "my" problem. I unpluged the dongle usb C > A, and plugged my keyboard directly on a USB C port of my Asus motherboard (Asus Formula XII). It charged to 100% and now stays green (the charging bar isnt blinking anymore).
I do not know if it has to do with the dongle or the USB C itself. You should try at least my method to see if there is any improvment as well for you guys.

Firmware : 20.32.02, win 11 pro updated, latest version of HAL and armoury Crate.

after the lastest firmware updates it does not get stuck while charging anymore, but once is fully charged it keeps droping mostly instant between 87%-90% and from that point, it works fine.

OMGDrAcula
Level 9
Just want to add mine is having issues with charging. USB-C to C it will charge to full purple lights to full and upon unplugging it it will drop right down to 80 or even quickly to red. Using C to A charged it perfectly fine.

Hi guys!

Did the latest firmware version (2022.05.16) solve the charging and battery drain problems?
Thanks!

maffy wrote:
Hi guys!

Did the latest firmware version (2022.05.16) solve the charging and battery drain problems?
Thanks!

hi maffy!

im still facing the same issue, once the keyboard fully charges, it drops around 90% but thats the only issue, charging is fine and dropping from 90% its also ok.

Another issue i found in the last ~2 months, in wireless mode the traybar icon stops showing my claymore II battery level. This happens when the keyboard goes to sleep but even when it wakes up, the traybar icon still showing as "keyboard not connected", so the battery level does not appear until you plug the cable or restart your pc. My rog chakram works perfectly fine in the traybar icon.

Today got a new firmware update, i'll be checking if its solved after a few charges.

Hi, after the lastest updates seems to be working almost fine but not perfect.

- Sometimes instantly drops to 93% and sometimes works fine from 100% after charging, its random.
- It nevers gets stuck anymore while charging. Perfect.
- the tray bar icon works way way better but the only concern is that sometimes it stops reloading the battery percentage until you reopen armoury crate.

Nate152
Hi drbtt,

I notice that if my devices go to sleep, the battery percentage doesn't show in the tray icon.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi drbtt,

I notice that if my devices go to sleep, the battery percentage doesn't show in the tray icon.

Yes thats correct, but once the device wakes up it instantly shows the percentage, for me is perfectly fine. it also works the same way for my rog chakram.

What i noticed is that sometimes (not always) does not refresh the percentage. For example, you are at 80% and keeps at 80% the whole day until you open armoury crate and gets updated to 70%. but most times it updates without reopening armoury.

Also, i have to mention that aura creator for claymore ii has been improved a lot, it works perfect now. tkl mode, numpad left, numpad right, shows your keyboard layout for different countries. perfect!

So, for me claymore ii is working really nice after all the updates. Actually the only "issues" are not a big concern: sometimes drops to 93% after charging and sometimes the tray icon stops getting updated (percentage) but it works fine if it goes to sleep or wakes up every time.

Hi!

After the latest armoury crate updates and tested a few charges, now its working perfectly fine. So if nobody is still having the initial issue of this thread. It can be set as SOLVED.

Thanks!