cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG AZOTH - FIrmware update - Encountered error trying to identify firmware error

aloper
Level 8

Just received the Asus Azoth and I can't update the firmware. Fully up to date Armoury Crate. I have the keyboard connected directly via USB, and in USB mode. I've also connected the dongle. Once I click update, I get the error "Encountered error trying to identify firmware version. Please reconnect device and click "check for updates" and try again. I've fully uninstalled armoury crate and reinstalled. Same error. Removed the Azoth driver from device manager and rebooted. After the driver re-installed, I tried the update again and it failed with the same message...

Installed Armoury Crate on a different computer and am getting the same error message. For reference, the keyboard is on version 3.00.21 and it's showing 3.00.24 as available. 

How do you get this properly updated???? And no, I will not re-install Windows to get a keyboard's firmware updated...

60 REPLIES 60

aloper
Level 8

This keyboard is not making a great first impression...Besides not being able to update the firmware, the control knob just decided to stop working. Like pressing up, down or in, was doing nothing. Unplugged and plugged back in, and it still would not work. Rebooted, and nothing. Then searching online, there was something for a different asus keyboard about pressing FN+ESC for 10-15 seconds. Well, as soon as I pressed both keys, I got a message on the oled screen about it resetting. Once it did, the control knob started working again...I'm hoping that if I can ever get the firmware updated, maybe that is one of the fixes for the control knob? 

welkin
Level 7

Exactly same problem. I've also seen the OLED menu doesn't work until I reinstall Windows or use others' PC. The software of ASUS was totally Bull S-word.💩

aloper
Level 8

Ok, I finally got the firmware updated...How I did, I'm not entirely sure as I was frustrated at the time...lol. Uninstalled and reinstalled armoury crate, again... I connected via USB, plugged in the dongle to a USB port. Opened armoury crate, went to the firmware page and tried again. Same error...I then spammed the update button, like twenty times out of frustration...haha. Unplugged the keyboard, plugged it back in and tried to update one last time...Then it worked...So I have no idea if it just randomly decided to work, or I did something...

Nate152

Hello aloper,

Strange you had such trouble updating the firmware but good to hear you got it updated and all is well with your ROG Azoth.

Just to confirm, you want the cable and dongle connected directly to pc usb ports with the switch on the ROG Azoth set to wired mode which is with the switch in the center position. 

How about you welkin, were you able to get the firmware updated in Armoury Crate?

A list of your pc hardware can be helpful.

I did eventually get it to update, but I can’t do any changes like the RGB, LED SCREEN. I get error code 2006 saying the device page couldn’t load. I’m probably just gonna return it because this is too much stress just for a keyboard

Hallo, ich kann das Update auch nicht ausführen. Ich werde diesen Mist zurückschicken. 

welkin
Level 7

I finished updating while Armoury Crate wasn't paying attention to me. It just looks like I snuck in to update my firmware, ridiculously. I don't have any idea how the problem was solved.

Nate152

Thank you for reporting and great to hear you got your ROG Azoth updated, I hope you guys enjoy your ROG Azoth as much as I am.

Just remember what to do when you see an update again and all should stay fine.

I to am having the same exact issue and have been trying for the last hour. I cant update nor edit the lighting/settings of the keybaord