cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG AZOTH - ASTONISHING PRODUCT BUT **bleep** ARMOURY CRATE ???

Amiddaru
Level 8

Hello everybody,

I bought a Rog Azoth, the keyboard build quality is awesome 😲 but it seems i can t do anything with it to configure it with that wonderfull Armoury Crate Software.

My Setup : 

Motherboard Gygabyte Aorus X570 Elite Updated Bios F38a

CPU Ryzen 9 5900X

Ram 4x8 DDR4 Trident Neo Z

NVME Kingston Fury Renegade PCie Gen 4

Graphic card RTX 3090

First install was on my existing Windows 11. Uninstalled all previous devices drivers then installed Armoury Crate --> Keyboard tab went Error 2006. Tried to uninstall AC with Asus Tool --> Reinstall --> Error 2006 Still.

I watched forum and this was said to install on a fresh install of Windows 11. Did it even if it s unbelievable to have to reinstall an OS for keyboard software... 

Fresh Install

All drivers are up to date

No Gigabyte software or bloatware installed just plain simple drivers

Updated Nvidia drivers

Installation of Armoury Crate also done without the keyboard --> OK

Plugging in ROG Keris Mouse--> OK detected and able to setup it in AC

Plugging Rog Azoth --> AC ask for Framework Keyboard update --> Update done and restart--> Error 2006 on the Keyboard device running in circle each time i try to setup it

Reset of the keyboard (FN+ESC) --> Success but still error 2006

Second Fresh Install 

Same as above but everything plugged from start to finish with the 2 wireless dongle --> Error 2006 on the Azoth

Third Fresh Install

Same as above but plugged in USB C in wired mode --> Error 2006 on the Azoth

My App diag :

Item                       Version    
----                       -------    
Armoury Crate UWP App      5.4.10.0    
ROG Live Service           2.0.6.0    
Aura Service (Lighting Service)  3.06.20    
Armoury Crate lite service  5.4.10      
Aura Wallpaper Service     Non installée
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL  1.1.0.18    
ASUS Keyboard HAL          1.2.23.0    
ASUS Mouse HAL             1.2.0.58    
KingstonDram               1.1.18      
AURA DRAM Component        1.1.23      
ENE RGB HAL                1.1.40.3    
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL             1.0.10.1    
PHISON HAL                 1.0.9.0    
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB     1.0.9.5    
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB   1.1.0.2    
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM  1.0.0.4    
WD_BLACK AN1500            1.0.14.0    

If anyone found a workaroud.... because i think i ve done more than my share to try to troubleshout the problem 😅

That s crazy such a good hardware with such a whimsical software. 🙄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MrAgapiGC
Level 13

Try again now.

A patch as being push for 2005/2006 error. mainly for the azoth but apply to all compatible AC keyboards

MrAgapiGC_0-1680160568495.png

Learn, Play Enjoy!

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

Nate152

Hello Amiddaru,

So, you keep getting the firmware update with the 2006 error?

Try connecting the usb-c cable and the wireless dongle to usb ports on your pc, set the wireless switch on the ROG Azoth to wireless and try the update. 

If it doesn't work, try the switch in wired mode.

How does it go?

Tried that also and doesn t work 😓

Nate152

Ok, if you did a full windows reinstall (not the upgrade), usually a windows reinstall will fix all problems.

Some things to try.

1) Check Device Manager for any missing drivers, missing drivers will show with a yellow triangle. If there are any please list them.

2) Try uninstalling your ROG Azoth from Device Manager and reboot.

3) Run the windows keyboard troubleshooter.

4) Open Command Prompt and type in sfc /scannow, if there are any problems with windows it should automatically fix them.

Does any of this help?

I know how to handle drivers 😉, but i didn t check if there was some new orphan drivers after i installed AC. I will check that. Btw the keyboard act normaly besides not being able to be set up on Armoury Crate. 

Will try 2/3/4 in 3 hours and keep you posted. 

Nate152

All right,

This sounds promising that your keyboard works normally outside of Armoury Crate.

Make sure when updating, the cable and wireless dongle are connected to pc usb ports. 

Another thing is that i ran into a Program folder with the Asus Keyboard SDK Framework logs (severals) and each time i tried to access on ARMOURY CRATE a new log with Error 500 or 503 (like unreachable) was posted in that log. Don t know if this has something to do with the error 2006.

Nate152

Thank you for that.

It's sounding like there is some sort of issue with Armoury Crate.

Try using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool once more. Click the link below and select your operating system, click "Show all" in blue, the uninstall tool is the third download.

Armoury Crate - Support (asus.com)

Once uninstalled, install version 3.2.5.2 (first download), Armoury Crate will update automatically to 5.4.10.0, then head to the update center and check for updates.

You can let your ROG Azoth and wireless dongle connected to your pc with the switch set to wireless during the uninstall and reinstall.

This works for me and I'm having no issues with the ROG Azoth.

Thx Nate but yesterday i gave doine this numerous time without any results.

What you wanted me to try : 

1) Check Device Manager for any missing drivers, missing drivers will show with a yellow triangle. If there are any please list them.

Everything if fine and sorted well. But ROG AZOTH doesn t appear as ROG AZOTH where KERIS Mouse appear as Keris Mouse. The keyboard appear as Keyboard Device PIH like 2 others devices like that (i only have one keyboard plugged ofc and Dongle is on a dedicated usb plug not a hub)

2) Try uninstalling your ROG Azoth from Device Manager and reboot.

Uninstalled every Keyboard Device PIH , keyboard stopped working, reboot, work again but still 2006

3) Run the windows keyboard troubleshooter.

Everything is fine, no error but no result

4) Open Command Prompt and type in sfc /scannow, if there are any problems with windows it should automatically fix them.

Done, no result

What i ve told you earlier, here is what i have precisely in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Diagnosis\Framework\Service.02.2023-03-23

[2023/03/23 18:29:00.495][ERROR] [E][Keyboard_deviceInfo] getDeviceInfo error: Error: Request failed with status code 500.
[2023/03/23 18:29:13.308][ERROR] [E][KeyboardRouter_initialize] error: Error: Request failed with status code 500.
[2023/03/23 18:29:13.308][ERROR] [E][KeyboardRouter_initialize] error: 1003

Doesn t look well... 😐

Is there a way to FORCE a firmware update even if AC doesn t ask for it? 

Nate152

I just had an update for the ROG Azoth, try using the uninstall tool and install version 3.2.5.2. 

To confirm, you want the switch set to wired mode when updating.

Make sure the cable and wireless dongle are connected directly to pc usb ports.