cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Theta 7.1 Volume Issue

skyhopper01
Level 9
Hey Folks, So I recently purchased the Theta 7.1 headset to upgrade my ROG DELTA and I have discovered a weird issue when changing the output to 7.1 from stereo in ROG ARMORY. when using 7.1, all sounds become much quieter. I have to use the headset at 100 percent volume and it is not loud at all. Overall the General Volume of this headset does seem to be lower than the Delta. Does anyone have any insight on this issue or perhaps a soloution?
83 REPLIES 83

Nate152
Do you have the EQ and Bass Boost turned on?

Can you post me a screenshot of the audio page for your ROG Theta 7.1?

Click the pic - 96846

Nate152 wrote:
Do you have the EQ and Bass Boost turned on?

Can you post me a screenshot of the audio page for your ROG Theta 7.1?

Click the pic - 96846

I went through all the sliders and settings again. I set everything as in your picture. For example, jazz is identical to HipHop. There is no difference in sound at all.
This menu only works in the program, where there are no channels to the subwoofer.

Nate152
I don't have the ROG Theta 7.1 to play with but....

Make sure windows sound properties is set to "Allow apps and windows to use this device for audio".

There may also be a 7.1 setting for you.

Set audio enhancements to "Device default effects"

Spatial audio - Off

Any changes with these settings?

Click the pic - 96892

I'm having the same problem, sub doesn't work even with latest firmware. I have all the settings the way they should be. Anyone found a solution?

Haydz246
Level 7

Just got the headset yesterday.. it's so low 😞 

I'm on the latest firmware and it's still too low.. is there a way to fix it?

Haydz246
Level 7

I have a workaround fix for this. I'm going to try do a video on it.

Let me know who still struggling. It's actually a great headset.

Can someone help me.. Volume is very low with 7.1. What should be sound preset in games (in game settings) for the 7.1 sound (home cinema, headset, 3d headset..)?  Where i can find good EQ settings for gaming. When i set up 7.1 headset through Windows 11 should i choose "select full-range speakers"? There is option to choose: Front left and right and Surround speakers.

Have a play around with Armoury Crate, the options are quite complete and you can create your own profiles.

Only set the front channels as full range, so that the low frequencies from the surround channels can be redirected to larger drivers.

Note that the effects from surround channels are typically subtle to give you a sense of presence or surprise when there should be, they are not supposed to be overwhelming or noticeable at all times. 

Is there EQ settings for gaming? I can only get enough volume from the headset when i set all EQ settings to 85.. Im new to PC headset gaming..

There are several.

Gaming Audio profiles.png