cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Theta 7.1 Volume Issue

skyhopper01
Level 9
Hey Folks, So I recently purchased the Theta 7.1 headset to upgrade my ROG DELTA and I have discovered a weird issue when changing the output to 7.1 from stereo in ROG ARMORY. when using 7.1, all sounds become much quieter. I have to use the headset at 100 percent volume and it is not loud at all. Overall the General Volume of this headset does seem to be lower than the Delta. Does anyone have any insight on this issue or perhaps a soloution?
83 REPLIES 83

I downgraded to v34 and it is better but unsatisfactory 7.1
I contacted Asus Romania, I made a ticket and nothing, nothing for 6 months ...
All my products including the chair are R.O.G.
In a few years I will give up all products completely.
The laptop suffers severely from backlight bleeding, the Spatha mouse does not work Aura sync on wifi mode and now the headphones ...

Hello everyone
I am an unfortunate owner of a ROG Theta 7.1 and I have the same problem as you.

Has Asus ever done anything to correct the problem of low sound and positioning?
The Crate software is impossible to use and even has an uninstall application to download ... you should expect that it will bring problems for sure.
I have the Armory 2 FW 0034 as recommended here, but even so for headphones for about 300 Euros we are very bad about the sound quality and 7.1 positioning.

I await news

I'm using Asus Rog Fusion 700, and it has the same driver FW issues aswell. These problems are not dedicated to Rog Theta, this is a general problem for all Asus headsets. Sound quality on the my headset is like a 20$ headset. I dont understand how Asus is very successful of creating ****ty software to turn whole headset into crap. Overal build and material quality etc is amazing, but the guys in software department are turning everything into a BIG ****.

hazzard.esports wrote:
Hello everyone
I am an unfortunate owner of a ROG Theta 7.1 and I have the same problem as you.

Has Asus ever done anything to correct the problem of low sound and positioning?
The Crate software is impossible to use and even has an uninstall application to download ... you should expect that it will bring problems for sure.
I have the Armory 2 FW 0034 as recommended here, but even so for headphones for about 300 Euros we are very bad about the sound quality and 7.1 positioning.

I await news

I ordered a Rog Theta before the christmas and currently waiting it to be delivered. I wish I had read this forum previously before ordering.

Do you guys use FW0034 with Armoury Crate or did you have any chance to test and compare Armopury Crate and Armoury 2 for FW0034? Any noticable difference???

Hello, I only saw possibly sponsored reviews or something.
I was also unaware of this forum before I bought Theta 7.1.
I initially installed Armory 2 and through it a message appeared for me to install Armory Crate which I did but as I am a demanding user I immediately saw that something was not right with the sound and it was then that I started looking for solutions and found this forum that was where I found the information to be able to conduct Rog Theta 7.1.
Os Theta 7.1 leaves a lot to be desired, the only thing that works well is marketing da Asus Rog.

Did you see any noticable difference about sound quality while using Armoury 2 and after installing Armoury Crate?

Hello, sorry just for answering now, with Armoury Crate the 7.1 real sound is badly positioned but a little louder, the solution I found was to downgrade firmware v30044 to version 0034 with a tool published here on the forum by a user and use Armoury 2, this was the best I got together with other users.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Generally, surround channels do not have a strong presence unless intended - you're not suppose to hear those channels all the time. Those with a full home theatre will be accustomed to this when watching blockbuster movies. Firmware 0034 simulates that experience more than 0038 and 0039.

Some gamers who buy the Theta 7.1 may try them on and expect surround sound channels to be loud all the time and complain about the lack of surround effects. Firmware 0038 and 0039 lower the volume of the front channels for more presence in the surround channels, so the Theta is tuned to be a better gaming headset that appeals to more people. Of course, all this depends on the content and game you're playing.

These two versions are tuned more for games rather than movies. I have tested version 0039 personally and can honestly say they are very loud at max volume (0039 is slightly louder than 0038). If you really want to, you can still revert to 0034.

Link for 0034:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qcPokMetWPdhDBhmgEEnZmKp6mhBlHmz

Out of curiosity, what kind of content or games do you find the sound too soft??

Per aumentare il volume istallate equalizer apo ed aumentare l'aplificazione

iadda320 wrote:
Per aumentare il volume istallate equalizer apo ed aumentare l'aplificazione

Of course, there are many ways to increase the sound, but the point here is that for 300 € headsets this should not be necessary and for a brand like Asus Rog this type of problems does not pay off in your favor, on the contrary.

I found a fix for the low volume when using 7.1 is to turn the equalizer on and move all the channels to max I gain quite a bit of volume