cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Theta 7.1 Volume Issue

skyhopper01
Level 9
Hey Folks, So I recently purchased the Theta 7.1 headset to upgrade my ROG DELTA and I have discovered a weird issue when changing the output to 7.1 from stereo in ROG ARMORY. when using 7.1, all sounds become much quieter. I have to use the headset at 100 percent volume and it is not loud at all. Overall the General Volume of this headset does seem to be lower than the Delta. Does anyone have any insight on this issue or perhaps a soloution?
83 REPLIES 83

makitos666 wrote:
You have any new?

nessuna novità

makitos666 wrote:
You have any new?

È uscito il firmware 0039, provalo e fammi sapere se efficace. Io ancora lo devo istallare

makitos666 wrote:
I have what I think is the latest version, 0038.

I have not noticed too much the increase in volume, I still find it unsatisfactory due to the high price I have paid.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks so. I hope you are right and they fix it

I agree with you sir. $300 bucks and sound quality less than that of some cheap turtle beaches i own. Windows Spatial sound (virtual 7.1) knocks the sock off this supposed true 7.1 surround quality. I'm just about sick of the ASUS hype anymore. To be honest, you were once a company i could count on. Now, the more products I keep buying from you the more I get disappointed in the ASUS brand. Also, I'm going to need some feed back here and soon or we will part ways ASUS. If the sound volume and quality can be fixed like ASAP then lets just say, I will still look at buying your products. If not, this will be the straw that breaks this camels back.

EldersPride wrote:
I agree with you sir. $300 bucks and sound quality less than that of some cheap turtle beaches i own. Windows Spatial sound (virtual 7.1) knocks the sock off this supposed true 7.1 surround quality. I'm just about sick of the ASUS hype anymore. To be honest, you were once a company i could count on. Now, the more products I keep buying from you the more I get disappointed in the ASUS brand. Also, I'm going to need some feed back here and soon or we will part ways ASUS. If the sound volume and quality can be fixed like ASAP then lets just say, I will still look at buying your products. If not, this will be the straw that breaks this camels back.

È uscito il firmware 0039, provalo e fammi sapere se migliora. Io ancora lo devo istallare

What I've come to realize is that you must unplug and plug back in the headset in order to achieve the results you are looking for if manipulating anything regarding stereo and surround. I find this annoying but I believe this could be fixed. The other solution I've found so far is installing sound boosters on windows 11.  Like the application "sound booster letasoft".

If playing a game that supports 7.1 make sure you have that already set up on the game and crate armory then unplug and plug back in your headset. 

The sound quality is not bad. However volume is extremely low in most cases. 
I would not expect this from a 320 including tax product.

Javisoft
Level 7
Firmware 0039 installed. The increase in volume is slight, existing, but slight, the quality and positioning seem to have improved as well, but like volume it is a very slight appreciation.

We will have to continue testing, but I sincerely expected more volume.

Javisoft wrote:
Firmware 0039 installed. The increase in volume is slight, existing, but slight, the quality and positioning seem to have improved as well, but like volume it is a very slight appreciation.

We will have to continue testing, but I sincerely expected more volume.

Prima di istallare il firmware 0039, avevi lo 0038? Lo 0034 per esempio si sente più forte dello 0038

iadda320 wrote:
Prima di istallare il firmware 0039, avevi lo 0038? Lo 0034 per esempio si sente più forte dello 0038

I had 0038 before install 0039.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Generally, surround channels do not have a strong presence unless intended - you're not suppose to hear those channels all the time. Those with a full home theatre will be accustomed to this when watching blockbuster movies. Firmware 0034 simulates that experience more than 0038 and 0039.

Some gamers who buy the Theta 7.1 may try them on and expect surround sound channels to be loud all the time and complain about the lack of surround effects. Firmware 0038 and 0039 lower the volume of the front channels for more presence in the surround channels, so the Theta is tuned to be a better gaming headset that appeals to more people. Of course, all this depends on the content and game you're playing.

These two versions are tuned more for games rather than movies. I have tested version 0039 personally and can honestly say they are very loud at max volume (0039 is slightly louder than 0038). If you really want to, you can still revert to 0034.

Link for 0034 (link updated on 10/26/2021):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UVGXWaKWKG7UpdEKPffMULKaJDx2rsjx/view?usp=sharing

Out of curiosity, what kind of content or games do you find the sound too soft??