cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Theta 7.1 @ NEW 0043 firmware

Hiikeri_
Level 7
Armoury Crate just show that a new firmware is available, version 0043.

I bought my headset 5/2020 and i remember these were 0039 firmware, at some point of year 2020 they released firmware like 0041 or something... But after a couple months they released via Armoury Crate to going back to 0039 and its have been now about ~2 years firmware 0039, until today.

Didn't find any info on 0043 firmware. What's new/updated on current firmware?

10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi Hiikeri_

Welcome to the ROG forum.

It's hard to say what was updated as ASUS doesn't give update details.

Have you updated and is all working ok with your ROG Theta 7.1?

Its working, i'm just an curious whats are changed on this firmware after this long period.

Becouse its some of kind changes for HW, it must be something to amplifiers (4x2ch) or DACs (8x).

Any return on the quality of that firmware? I'm still with 0034 and I'm wondering if the latest is bringing significative improvements?

KaiserAlucard wrote:
Any return on the quality of that firmware? I'm still with 0034 and I'm wondering if the latest is bringing significative improvements?

let me try i will feedback later today.
UPDATE
I am running that firmware for some time. is ok to me
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I suppose you can't tell if the sound is better than before? I wouldn't want to reduce quality by upgrading the firmware...

My headset was popping and cracking only when my controller was charging at the same time. It was a bad connection in my controller charging cable. I used a new cable and it stopped doing it. Power disruption I suppose

MikeD
Level 7

There really should be an option to unregister the headsets. If you are selling them or giving them to someone. Right? I will keep mine until they expire But.

Truly plug and and play probably wouldn't hurt either. Great product otherwise.

Excellent