cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Delta Version 0144 - Low mic input volume

ViPERacing
Level 7
I don't want the LED to stay on when I turn off the computer and I don't like to manually switch off the RGB on the headset when I don't use it, so I've turned off Fast Boot in Windows 10 and it powers down the headset when I turn off the computer. With the latest BIOS "Version 0144", the mic input volume is really low when I use it after a boot. The only way to fix the problem is to unplug the USB from the computer (USB C or 2.0, doesn't matter) and plug it back. It works well from there until I shut down the computer. With Fast Boot on, you won't get this issue unless you turn off the PSU switch or unplug the power cord. With Version 0039_beta, I don't get this issue so I'll stick with this version until it gets fixed.
27 REPLIES 27

Nate152 wrote:
Hi PWN3D_

Noise Gate - Blocks sound from coming through your mic, use the slider to adjust the threshold of when the gate opens to let sound through.

Perfect Voice - Supposed to enhance your voice for perfect communication.

AI Noise Cancellation - Limits the amount of background noise picked up by the mic.

They seem to be working. Setting the Noise Gate threshold to high actually makes my mic louder. I don't notice much difference with Perfect Voice. Noise Cancellation on medium works good, no keyboard typing or pc case fans are picked up through my mic.

I tried with an Delta Core and hooked to my Throne QI that has the Perfect Voice and Noise Gate settings in armoury crate, and both of them here works really great there actually. So I don't really know what's going on with these two settings Delta S Animate. I'll probably try to reinstall armoury crate.

Sorry for double posting but I got it working without reinstalling Armoury Crate, here is what I did for anyone having trouble (Windows 11):

-Dissable Perfect Voice/ Noise Gate / AI Noise Cancellation in Armoury Crate, juste to be sure
-Close Armoury Crate
-Go in your sound settings and make sure that for your input and output settings, Enhanced Audio is off
-Unplug your Headphone
-Go in device management and make sure that hidden devices are visible in display settings
- in "Audio controller, video, game" (not sure about the name as my windows is not in english) uninstall your headset
-Look in "Input and output" to see if your headset is there too, if so uninstall both of the input and output, (you can check "try to uninstall driver" if asked)
-in "Man-machine interface" uninstall your headset and check "try to uninstall the driver"
-restart your computer
-open armoury crate and make sure all your devices are in the devices tab AND the Aura sync tab, if not close Armoury Crate, go to Task manager>Service>then turn off and on ROG Live Service and wait a few seconds
-open Armoury Crate again an plug your headset
-close Armoury Crate and restart your computer

After that Perfect Voice and Noise Gate should work correctly and your mic volume should be normal

Note that you should NOT turn on Enhanced Audio in your Audio settings on Windows 11 as you can't turn it off again without breaking Perfect Audio/Noise Gate but also your EQ and reverb settings. If you have Dolby Atmos for headphones or DTS for headphones, they can be turn on without issue.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi PWN3D_

Noise Gate - Blocks sound from coming through your mic, use the slider to adjust the threshold of when the gate opens to let sound through.

Perfect Voice - Supposed to enhance your voice for perfect communication.

AI Noise Cancellation - Limits the amount of background noise picked up by the mic.

They seem to be working. Setting the Noise Gate threshold to high actually makes my mic louder. I don't notice much difference with Perfect Voice. Noise Cancellation on medium works good, no keyboard typing or pc case fans are picked up through my mic.

I just figured it out why the Noise Gate is making your and my my mic louder, because it is in fact the Perfect Voice settings.. Both Perfect Voice and Noise Gate are reversed in the last Armoury Crate update... a bug report is needed I guess

Nate152
All right,

If you do reinstall Armoury Crate, use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool.

From the ASUS Support Center, select your operating system and click show all in blue, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Then install Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0 and run all the updates in the update center.

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you,

Are you using an EQ preset or is this how you've set the EQ?

My custom EQ and I using always this EQ sir 🙂

Nate152
lt looks good.

Your EQ settings kind of looks like mine, just know the two end sliders don't do anything, it's why I have them pulled all the way down.

For the best sound, set to 24 Bits 96000Hz.

I turn virtual surround sound on for games and turn it off for music.

I set the Recording slider to 100% for maximum mic volume.

Few months later and Both Perfect Voice and Noise Gate effects are still reversed in Armoury Crate and not working correclty.
-As of right now Perfect voice settings just lower the general volume of the mic input
- Noise Gate seems to just make voice higher in volume.

So the even though the effects seems inversed, the proper Noise Gate doesn't seems to work at all, it doesn't block sound before a certain volume, it just lower everything. Can It be finnaly fixed after all those months?