cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Delta Version 0144 - Low mic input volume

ViPERacing
Level 7
I don't want the LED to stay on when I turn off the computer and I don't like to manually switch off the RGB on the headset when I don't use it, so I've turned off Fast Boot in Windows 10 and it powers down the headset when I turn off the computer. With the latest BIOS "Version 0144", the mic input volume is really low when I use it after a boot. The only way to fix the problem is to unplug the USB from the computer (USB C or 2.0, doesn't matter) and plug it back. It works well from there until I shut down the computer. With Fast Boot on, you won't get this issue unless you turn off the PSU switch or unplug the power cord. With Version 0039_beta, I don't get this issue so I'll stick with this version until it gets fixed.
27 REPLIES 27

This issue is still present. But it has nothing to do with fast boot. Fast boot is not responsible for USB power deliverly, deep S4 option does.

Nate152
Hello 0bsidian owl,

There were some updates for Armoury Crate, is the mic volume any better after the updates?

Is the Recording slider all the way to 100%?

Click the pics to make them bigger.

Hello, Nate152,
Yes, my armoury crate has everything up to date. Delta's firmare version is 0150. Recording slider is 100%.
As OP said, it's not a problem with Armoury Crate or headset drivers, but it is a problem with headset firmware. I have deep S4/S5 enabled in bios, so all USB devices recieve no power when PC is shuted down.
When i power on my pc, delta's mic is extremely quiet. But after repluging it, it goes back to normal. It seems like it is initialization issue in firmware.
This behaivour is not dependent on USB port on motherboard, whether it is USB 2.0 or 3.0. Full or no USB initialization during boot also has no effect.

Obsidian owl wrote:
Hello, Nate152,
Yes, my armoury crate has everything up to date. Delta's firmare version is 0150. Recording slider is 100%.
As OP said, it's not a problem with Armoury Crate or headset drivers, but it is a problem with headset firmware. I have deep S4/S5 enabled in bios, so all USB devices recieve no power when PC is shuted down.
When i power on my pc, delta's mic is extremely quiet. But after repluging it, it goes back to normal. It seems like it is initialization issue in firmware.
This behaivour is not dependent on USB port on motherboard, whether it is USB 2.0 or 3.0. Full or no USB initialization during boot also has no effect.

I've been having the same problem for 2 years man, that crap firmware and they don't do anything for the software. let them just make fools of the nation here.

Nate152
Hi hs.kaya

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Sorry to hear you guys are having issues.

I tested this with the ROG Delta S Animate headset and I didn't notice any mic volume change.

I've let them know, let's hope they can replicate the issue with the ROG Delta for a fix with a future update.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi hs.kaya

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Sorry to hear you guys are having issues.

I tested this with the ROG Delta S Animate headset and I didn't notice any mic volume change.

I've let them know, let's hope they can replicate the issue with the ROG Delta for a fix with a future update.

Asus rog delta is a great headphone, but I don't understand how they still can't update or improve their sound. You have made a very good product, but its value is still unknown.

Nate152
Hi mysquen,

You can use the Equalizer in Armoury Crate to adjust the sound to your preference.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi mysquen,

You can use the Equalizer in Armoury Crate to adjust the sound to your preference.

Hey Nate152,

Just replied here since I have also my doubt about my mic volume with my Delta S Animate.

Since you have it too, did you notice any change with the Noise Gate & Perfect Voice option enabled or disabled?

I don't know but on my end and since the last Armoury crate update, puting them to 0% or 100% doesn't really change anything.

-Noise Gate, if it's supposed to act like a noise threshold still pick the same amount of background noise on or off
-Perfect voice if it's supposed to turn your voice up doesn't seems to change my voice volume at all.

The only things I know work for my mic settings is AI noise-cancelling.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi mysquen,

Here's my config sir.

Nate152
Hi PWN3D_

Noise Gate - Blocks sound from coming through your mic, use the slider to adjust the threshold of when the gate opens to let sound through.

Perfect Voice - Supposed to enhance your voice for perfect communication.

AI Noise Cancellation - Limits the amount of background noise picked up by the mic.

They seem to be working. Setting the Noise Gate threshold to high actually makes my mic louder. I don't notice much difference with Perfect Voice. Noise Cancellation on medium works good, no keyboard typing or pc case fans are picked up through my mic.