cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion - "New" version (with fixed microphone)

Pruik
Level 7
Hi,

Was wondering if there are any (web-)shops who allready ships out the "new" version of the Asus ROG Centurion, with the new fixed microphone.
If anyone knows please let us know.

Thanks!

Regards, Mika
29 REPLIES 29

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Found this on Amazon:

All stock manufactured before August, 2017 (H8) needs to be replaced. Only the headset, nothing else needs to be sent back.

I'm so frustrated with the headset and even ASUS forum says permission denied to private messages.

MasterC could you PM me your email or something? I need to send you a proof of purchase for replacement I guess. Thanks

izzylaif wrote:
I'm so frustrated with the headset and even ASUS forum says permission denied to private messages.

MasterC could you PM me your email or something? I need to send you a proof of purchase for replacement I guess. Thanks

I have private messaged you, let me know how I can help. Your account status appears to be fine, you should be able to message me.

serial number j7 on box and j3 on headset however everyone says my other $80 headset microphone is way better also there seems to be no noise cancelling at all since they can hear my tv clear and on the $80 headset they cant hear any background noises 😞

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
b0bz3n wrote:
serial number j7 on box and j3 on headset however everyone says my other $80 headset microphone is way better also there seems to be no noise cancelling at all since they can hear my tv clear and on the $80 headset they cant hear any background noises 😞

From your serial number, it would seem that your microphone is already the revised version (J=2018, 3=March). All headsets were revised after August 2017. Have you played around with Noise Gate levels and tested the ENC switch at the bottom of the audio box?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please private message me the following details and our team in your region will contact you directly. Thanks.

1. Your full name:
2. Address: Zip code:
3. Phone Number:
4. Email:
5. Serial Number (should contain CM):
6. Proof of purchase / invoice (share link to image in cloud storage):

Mine has serial H9 and everybody still complain that I sound terrible.

Hello
I bought a new headset with S\N H7***
In Russia Asus support dont know about this problem with micro and nobody whants to replace my headset.
What can i do with it?
P.S.
Sry for bad engl

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please make sure to check the serial number on the box, and that it begins with H8, H9 or later (the number corresponds to the month of manufacture). If not, then you are entitled to a replacement, just private message me the following details and I will inform our team in your region to contact you directly.

1. Your full name:
2. Address: Zip code:
3. Phone Number:
4. Email:
5. Serial Number (should contain CM):
6. Proof of purchase / invoice (link to file in cloud):

* Note that only the headset needs to be replaced, the Audio Station and accessories do not need to be sent back.

varnavas
Level 7
when new version of centurion coming because is stay at 1.1.17 the driver pack please inform us with news

varnavas wrote:
when new version of centurion coming because is stay at 1.1.17 the driver pack please inform us with news

Is anything not working as expected with the current driver?

A beta firmware is available now:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Headset/ROG71_MCU1.8_DSP2.0_20180125.rar?_ga=2.172313763....

A new firmware will be ready soon.