cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion not loud enough at max volume settings, 7.1 not precise as before

markec872
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I am from Croatia and I am writing this due to a BIG problem that I have with my ASUS ROG Centurion 7.1 gaming headset. So...I bought them in the October, 2018. Yes, I know that they were release few years ago. But they came in Croatia in 2017. Never mind... First of all I have to admit that they are one of the best headset that I ever had... Sound quality is on another level, built quality as well, sound precision is like I have wall hacks, they are so precise that enemies thinks I am using wall hacks. Not a single problem as you can see... And after 1 month of using it, problems came to me... true 7.1 sound started to be unprecise as ****, volume is quiet at max settings etc... PLEASE HELP ME, I reinstalled windows 10, reinstalled software for headset, reinstalled EVERY SINGLE THING and they are still not working as before. What should I do? I got 2 year warranty (still have 1 year and more then 6 months of warranty on them) So I decided to ask you guys what should I do? Anyone had same problem, what I can do... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
6 REPLIES 6

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The sound changed after a month? Are both USB connectors plugged in?

What 7.1 mode are you using? Tried turning off all effects? (press the volume knob when under Spectrum mode)

Perhaps you can the custom firmware:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105432-ROG-Centurion-MCU2-2-DSP2-4-Modified-firmware-with-...

First of all I want to thank you for trying to help me, I really respect that!

So... I checked literally everything... cables are in motherboard plugged in without a problem, I checked it multiple times. Spectre mode (footsteps/rpg/racing/gunfire tryed on off still problem was here) Maybe its because I dont have new firmware but I dont know how to install it. Can you help me please?
Yes like everything was okay for 1st month. Sound was so precise that the feeling was like I have wallhacks. I always knew the enemy position even if he is far away from me... And after 1st month everything went wrong for no reason. Then I reinstalled ASUS ROG 7.1 Software thats specialy made for ROG Centurion but the problem was still here. Then I reinstalled audio drivers from Windows and still problem was here. And finally I reinstalled Windows 10 PRO that i am using and still problem is here... Dont get me wrong, headphones are still working, sound quality is AMAZING, but true 7.1 sound is not working, it is not precise, its quiet like headset is on 40% volume. I dont know why. I have also one question... Is it possible to call someone from ASUS ROG support through Skype/Discord/Mobile device etc...?

I just forgot to say one important thing...

I dont know how to install this firmware that u mentioned... I tryed but simply dont works because I have no idea how to install it properly

Can you please explain step by step like this

1. Plug out headset cables from motherboard
2. Go to link and press "this"
3. Step 3
Last step - plug in headset and try if it works

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do the following steps:
1. Open this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t3WDkmsxPdmILpejNBWCgCCdf5Kqxo8x
2. Download all three files and save to a folder on your PC.
3. Connect the Centurion headset (both USB connectors).
4. Run the file "ROG71_MCU2.2_DSP2.4_beta1.exe"
5. Click on the Upgrade button and OK to confirm.
6. When the flashing process is complete (less than 1 minute), disconnect and reconnect the USB connectors, click OK.
7. Test the Centurion out in some games.

Thanks for all the help that you gave me. It finally works like before... I will not touch anything else... Thanks again!

Have a nice day!!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Glad it all worked out!