cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion MCU2.2/DSP2.4 - Modified firmware with crossover & downmix

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)
3. Allow stereo mode for speakers connected to the audio station.
4. Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot.

Download is available in the ROG Forum only.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t3WDkmsxPdmILpejNBWCgCCdf5Kqxo8x

If anyone wishes to revert back to the official versions:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FE8DNtCuuEjcTLwe5xoG35t3v-M6tcAq

Suggested 7.1 surround sound games to test:
Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
Far Cry 5

xyz56789xyz
Level 7
MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)
3. Allow stereo mode for speakers connected to the audio station.
4. Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot.

Hi, thanks for your effort in frequently optimizing the headset driver.

About the third point, this enhancement very good for those, include me, only have stereo speakers only. After update to MCU2.2/DSP2.4, I found that:
In headset mode with stereo mode, the sonic studio will grey out individual channel adjustment bar but in speakers mode with stereo mode, individual channel adjustment bars do not grey. I try to listen some multi-channel audio and adjust center volume, center volume, subwoofer volume, side volume and rear volume, the stereo speakers' audio does not change.

staticrp
Level 8
And is it possible to download a newer version of the Sonic Radar Pro? Maybe update already drivers? Version 1.1.17 does not see new games 🙂

S_the_Great
Level 7
Hello,

to be fair after almost 2 years it would be time to update the driver package.
Honestly I'm disappointed by Asus because it takes so much time for a 250€ headset to get some updates.

I was hoping that "Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot." would fix my issue but didnt seem to.

Anyone else ever had the problem where the audio station doesnt work on a specific pc (with the usb port reset error), but work fine on others ?

I tried all firmware versions (including this beta), to no avail. Even the firmware updater does not detect the audio station on that machine, i have to upgrade the firmware on another pc.

Jey123456 wrote:
I was hoping that "Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot." would fix my issue but didnt seem to.

Anyone else ever had the problem where the audio station doesnt work on a specific pc (with the usb port reset error), but work fine on others ?

I tried all firmware versions (including this beta), to no avail. Even the firmware updater does not detect the audio station on that machine, i have to upgrade the firmware on another pc.

Same for me.
Work on my old laptop but stop working on my actual PC.
Error on usb 2 and nothing on USB 3.

I'm going crazy and ASUS don't care at all. We spend so much for this ****y headphone....

SpaceGravity
Level 7
Is it possible anyone or Asus moderators to share the frequency response graphs for all the speakers individually.even the side and rear look to have different response even though both are 20 mm . I think i can solve a lot of Audio issues if i have that :), and i will share a detailed solution that looks kind of promising.

Thank you for adding this "workaround" feature.
Regular 7.1 for 5.1 & 7.1 sources.
And then the special mode for 5.0 and 7.0 sources.
It appears that Fortnite and GTA-V are only offering 5.0, so I am using the newer mode with good results on those games.

paul_roperos
Level 7
my base station is now dead but I can still use the headset by using the basestation to speaker adaptor, connect it to the female-female hdmi adaptor, connect it to the headset then connect it to speaker out of your mother board. you can still use the headset but not the mic (centurion is crappy as always). thats how I now use the expensive, overprice and very not good sound product by ASUS. It seams all top of the line ASUS peripherals are all S H I T my spatha (crappy expensive mouse) has now a boated battery and no way to replace it. TOO BAD FOR ME for trusting ASUS... my centurion setup looks like a JOKE.... nice ASUS