cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion MCU2.2/DSP2.4 - Modified firmware with crossover & downmix

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)
3. Allow stereo mode for speakers connected to the audio station.
4. Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot.

Download is available in the ROG Forum only.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t3WDkmsxPdmILpejNBWCgCCdf5Kqxo8x

If anyone wishes to revert back to the official versions:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FE8DNtCuuEjcTLwe5xoG35t3v-M6tcAq

Suggested 7.1 surround sound games to test:
Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
Far Cry 5

Cookie8 wrote:
Yeeeeeaaaah... that's not what I wanted. You see, turning off true 7.1 and changing it to what ever you changed with adding some sound to rear and sides (which by the way is still "tin can" but with higher volume) isn't a proper fixing. Is it really what your "experts" could achieve for 1 year of fixing? Because you see for THAT price I want to have a true 7.1 which has SAME quality sound from ALL sides. So when I listen to Olesya from Vermintide 2 it wouldn't sound like she quickly run away from me when I turn my back to her and then quickly run back to me when I turn to see her beautiful face, or when I play Overwatch and I hear that Reinhardt (or some one else big and scary) is coming behind me with intention to sign an autograph on my chest with his hammer, I would think that he is far away from me and I just need to turn around and shoot him, AND when I do turn around I would have mixed feelings of satisfaction (that I'll die in the most glorious hand to hand combat) and dissatisfaction (that no one will ever recognise my body or face and I'll never have a good looking statue of me)

So PLEASE ASUS make the most logical thing in this situation. MAKE THIS HEADPHONES WORTH OF THEIR PRICE! One year is TOO long to fix the issue that MUSTN'T have been in the first place.

Only two spectrum modes have been modified. If you wish to have true 7.1 again, just use the other 2 modes or press the volume knob to disable spectrum modes. If you are unsatisfied with the lack of bass output (0.1) while in true 7.1, then the best course of action would be to contact the appropriate game developers. If games do not provide bass output in the 0.1 channel - we have no bass to increase in true 7.1 mode. All we can do is use a crossover function to utilize bass from other channels, which is what we have done (for 2 of the 4 spectrum modes).

How to delete that firmware now????

Hello, where can i get the sonic studio from please ?

regards.

Nothings is working,

how can i test the channel speaker if they are working, of my centurion?

aaron08 wrote:
how can i test the channel speaker if they are working, of my centurion?

Go to Sound settings (desktop) -> select ASUS ROG 7.1 -> click on Configure -> Test

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can revert to the official firmware here:
https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/HelpDesk_Download/

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
You can revert to the official firmware here:
https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/HelpDesk_Download/

Nope, did that and nothing changed, also when I deleted all applications and drivers related to ROG 7.1 and then started to reinstall everything, I tried to reinstall beta firmware too (to see if it was deleted) and the moment I started, it said that I already have this firmware and asked if I want to replace version 2.2 on 2.2 and as I said already nothing changed.

Also another question, are you going to continue fixing this issue (hopefully some day) or your "experts" already gave up?

Cookie8 wrote:
Nope, did that and nothing changed, also when I deleted all applications and drivers related to ROG 7.1 and then started to reinstall everything, I tried to reinstall beta firmware too (to see if it was deleted) and the moment I started, it said that I already have this firmware and asked if I want to replace version 2.2 on 2.2 and as I said already nothing changed.

Also another question, are you going to continue fixing this issue (hopefully some day) or your "experts" already gave up?

Here is a link to previous versions of Centurion firmware.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FE8DNtCuuEjcTLwe5xoG35t3v-M6tcAq

From what we can tell, there is nothing to fix. You will find that since launch, properly-tuned Dolby 7.1 surround content works perfectly on the Centurion. Due to popular requests, we have provided this custom firmware to deliver surround sound and bass in a way that game developers couldn't. We have also provided stereo output for people with only 2 speakers. There will not be any more software or firmware development for the Centurion.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
turalevro wrote:
I have been wishing for stereo mode for speakers since the purchase, but why the hell stereo mode is broken now for headphones? Am I only person facing up this problem? Please fix it. Normally I expect stereo mode working both for headphones and speakers. In particular there is no sound coming from headphones when audio is coming from center channel in stereo mode. Sounds stupid but exactly this is data given by Sonic Studio

Sorry, I don't understand. Stereo is 2 channels (left & right), why do you want the center channel to be active?