cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Headset Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
9 REPLIES 9

ATOdinson
Level 9
For theta 7.1 it would be great if the stereo/7.1 toggle could be saved to profiles. That would allow users to set up automatic profiles and not making the switch between 7.1 and stereo such a chore. It would also make the volume issues when listening to music in 7.1 less of an issue since you could have it auto switch to stereo when you launch your music program.

TEG2TEG
Level 7
Some redo of Centurion (7.1 using individual speakers) with a newer USB controller chip that can do 24 or 32 bit processing instead of 16...

https://www.cmedia.com.tw/products/USB20_HIGH_SPEED
https://www.viatech.com/en/silicon/legacy/audio/vt1730/

Theta 7.1 is my first ASUS headset, but if others headset have the same problem, then it should be addressed first. The pillow or earpiece should not press against the ear, or even touch it. A place for the ear must be provided. There must be at least 15mm of free space between the pillow and the earpiece opposite the auricle.
For tests - a person should not feel discomfort playing 7 days for 8 hours. If such a goal can be achieved, comfort will be obtained.

3AP3RK1N6
Level 8

Hey Xeromist,

I'm an owner of the ASUS ROS Theta 7.1 Headset. Moved from the SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 True SurroundSound Headset to this one and here's what I think, what might be improved on further Headsets:

The Arm of the microphone: I like to have the micro below my left eye - out of sight, but above my mouth, tzhis way I can breathe like normal, without interrupting my mates with breathing-sounds.

The problem of the arm on this headset is, that I can't change the position of the micro, because the arm is flexible.

Technical Specifications:

HighEnd Products like the ROG Theta 7.1 should have a higher sampling rate as 96kHz. I mean my "onboard soundcard" can provide 192kHz and in combination with the 3.5mm jack-plugs of my old Medusa Headset, I was able to enjoy really extensive sound, even if the little speakers weren't able to support the whole frequency band, it sounds more better.

I know that even the high quality BlueRay-Discs only provide upto 98kHz, but for gamers is more crystal clear sound ingame more important, right?

I hope that even the actual ROG Theta 7.1 is capable of a 192kHz sampling rate, but after all this time no update in this direction is not really spending hope, that this might come in the future. What this might means for "HighEnd Electrical Parts" of this headset and the internal sound-chip, leaves unspoken.

Something that's popping up all the time, are problems after Asus Armoury Crate updates. It might be great, if the updates are working and all the technical features of this software work after it as well as before, but in most cases, you know .. it's not working pretty well. You have to take a look onto it in combination, if the hardware is able to work without Armoury Crate, you have functional hardware. If Asus Armoury Crate can expand your experience with this hardware, it's even more better, but if you are in need of this software, it should provide at least the same quality as the hardware you've bought, right? 

My Razer DeathStalker V2 Pro f.e. is able to show some great lightning effects beside it's at finest working hardware-features, but I can expand the functionality even further, if I take advantage of the Synapse 3-Features. Beside of this I can report, that I'm using Mouses and Keyboards by Razer since a very-very long time and what spikes out is, that after updates didn't had negative effects on my system or my hardware. - This is how it should work.

You might think that it's great to have some sort of Control-Center to have every feature under one application and that's not wrong, but many optional features aren't needed, so I wish to have a sandbox-control-center where I'm able to choose what I need within the installation-process. Remember what I wrote before, I have this Theta 7.1 headset, but to use all of it's features, I have to use Armoury Crate, so I can't tell critical meanings about the headset with excluding the software, because it's coupled together.

There's one more thing that I miss on this headset - Feeling The BASE - in this technical direction, I can report, that there're headsets, which got some Shock-Rotators build in, like in the game-controlers - and to be honest "I know that it's fake-base-response", but man it feels so good! - You can adjust the effect of cause, but this rumble on your head is extremely immersive. Even if there's not a Downforce-Subwoofer, which is shaking your flat like on an earthquake ... your headset could feel like you have it directly on your ears and that feeling is like a Real-Subwoofer, also to be honest - you can't make a difference out of it, cause your senses will fool you.

What I don't like is the weight and that the left earcup becomes very warm the longer I use the headset, so my personal interpretation of the technical aspects are, that most of the needed hardware, for audio-encoding/decoding and resampling is inside of the left earcup and that's why it gets warm after a while. I would like to get an USB-Soundcard-Device bundled with the headset, because this way I can have great sound-quality because you get some space for (maybe better) hardwareparts and because it's excluded from the headset, you can build in the Shock-System as well as to save some weight on it and the headset won't get warmer than by the heat created by your head, right. 

If we think about a Surround System, and try to convert this into headsets, we must be serious and say "Hey... Center-Speakers are a combination of Front-Left and Right", because you can not convert this soundeffect into the headset, no matter how many speakers you could get into it. You can convert it by Resampling/Remixing, yes - but not really by hardware-parts. 

But, what we could exchange for Center-Speakers is a speaker "above" your ears, to get DolbyAtmos-Support, right? I mean that's a possibility, right? The DAC's and converters all in the USB-Soundcard and then pure DolbyAtmos onto your ears, with "shaking subwoofer-effects" sounds like a great perspective for future-products right?

So, here we are at the end, was a great journey ... for me writing on my new keyboard and correcting every secoind word I wrote, because it feels like too responsive to me and for you ... reading a longer text like a novel.^^

peace - ReaperKing

Do not regret the mistakes in your life! But do regret the words who remain unspoken!

Their prior multi driver included bass drivers, ended up distorting the smaller drivers, virtual bass on theta is an improvement, centurion and strix 7.1, had em both, theta was an advancement 

You should try to get your hands onto the SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 True Surround Sound Headset, because the BASS was "simulated" by a shock-system like in shock controllers. You weren't able to feel or hear a difference, because it fools your senses. I never experienced such a extreme bass on a headset ... you were able to adjust the strength of cause, but this was so great! - Problem is the control deck ... after a while it stoped working and I wasn't able to adjust the volume anymore. So I bought the Theta 7.1 ... which isn't that great in Bass-Reflex Simulation.^^

-peace-

Do not regret the mistakes in your life! But do regret the words who remain unspoken!

kronyk898
Level 9

think from the strix 7.1 to the centurion to the theta there were good leaps and advancements, i owned all 3, i like how the theta uses 4 drivers instead having a 5th driver(distorts other drivers when bass hits) the control station i do miss honestly, the hive kinda reminds me of it, but my theta i love considering i have either stereo surround(dts-dolby) when needed, or 7.1 surround(mostly solo rpg, few fps) 

the next gen multi driver TRUE surround needs to happen already maybe higher bitrate output

maybe dont add a mic since the new ones almost out- save weight that way and can add more audio focused hardware//features

i know i cant be the only one who wants another

~SC¤PES~

Hey my mate,

yes you aren't the only one who wants True Surround Headsets. The most Problem is, that "Virtual Surround Sound" works so well these days, and that's resulting into less interests onto real surround sound headsets.

In sight of the Theta 7.1 the weight is a thing. The soundcard is implemented into the headset itself and that's adding weight. I would implement an external soundcard with newest technology, like 7.1 3,5mm jacks, 6,3mm jack, HDMi output, XLR microphone port, TOSlink, SPDIF port and of cause USB-Port for the headset of Asus. Maybe connected to the PC by Thunderbold, for the shortest delay and maximum link-speed, to implement f.e. 32bit/384kHz sampling rate?

One sick audio-station on your desk, perfect for streamers as well as the regular gamer?

Then, working and functional software on PC and *BOOM!* Asus is releasing something great. Maybe ... EAX Support? THX Support? All Dolby Codecs supported?

You know what's the most problem with the ASUS ROG Theta 7.1? -> Why should you use "Virtual Surround Sound" on a True 7.1 Surround Sound Headset? - Realtek has the option, to "Fill Speakers", to get Stereo 2.0, 2.1 as well as 5.1 Surround Sound running on all speakers of the 7.1 Audio-Output and it's working. IF I would have Stereo with Surround-Feeling, I can get use of some Surround Sound features, like "Microsoft Sonic for headsets", RAZER Spatial THX Audio or DTS Dolby Unbound with Headphone:X feature - they all implement a Room-Sound onto the Stereo Output, I mean ... why should I wish an option like that on Armoury Crate?

Hey a question to you - Does this option "Virtual Surround Sopund" work on your system? I reinstalled Windows on the weekend, because Armoury Crate broke my OS! - After reinstallation of Windows and Armoury Crate, this option does nothing to the audio-output? I can't hear any difference, I wasn't able to hear a difference before and after reinstalling Windows ... what's this option for? We already got "Surround Sound Szenarions" like Cinema ... Stadion ... Concert Hall and what ever ... isn't it "the same"?

The funny thing is, that on the older Armoury II, the option "Virtual Surround Sound" scales up the audio-output onto 7.1 Surround Sound and yeah - it sounds not as good as true 7.1 audio-output sources, but it sounds better than "only" stereo. Support is telling me, that the option in Armoury Crate is for simulated Surround Sound on Stereo-Audio-Output sources, what doesn't make sense to me, because we have True Surround Sound by physical hardware ... WTF!^^

I have a 5.1 Cinema Surroundsystem also connected with my PC and I don't setup my Audio-Output to Stereo, to use Virtual Surround Sound .. NO! Of cause I do setup 5.1 Surround Sound with up scale to 5.1 if needed or wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that you can get benefits from Virtual Surround Sound on a stereo headset, but don't we have a 7.1 headset here? ... How ever ... it's maybe over my intellect, but I can't understand this decision.

- ReaperKing, peace -

NuggsFan23
Level 7

Maybe simple... 

I have the Delta s Animate and love them, but wish when I unplug them from the computer, I would not have to reset the animation again when plugged back in. It should remember. 

I would also love to be able to change the animation when i use them with my phone. The armory crate is on IOS, but it appears the animation portion is PC only.