Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta FW testing for Centurion 7.1

Bahz
Level 13
You can download the file at the link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8hXL86D6YHUWGZHVEFJTlFRbG8

Please share your testing feedback here in this thread.
132 REPLIES 132

So your saying the, "brains oozing out of our ears" isn't going into the next firmware? THATS IT, IM TRASHING THIS! *plugs in the free headphones I stole from the airplane*

spadizzle wrote:
So your saying the, "brains oozing out of our ears" isn't going into the next firmware? THATS IT, IM TRASHING THIS! *plugs in the free headphones I stole from the airplane*

I can say that the new firmware will have a surround mode with a lot of bass if you'd like to have brains oozing out of your ears. The purpose of the previous post was mainly about downmix and stereo in all channels.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The new firmware went through a few revisions, and is now in the testing phase. No ETA will be given at this time.
Downmix for stereo speakers will be implemented, but stereo effects will not be available through all channels in the headset. All drivers resonating in sync can cause excess vibrations and undesirable sounds. In the new firmware, this is one of the bigger challenges when altering the LFE channel to output the low frequencies from multiple drivers. While it's fine for some games, bass can be overbearing for others. While heavy bass might be okay in a home theater with good acoustics, headsets have confined space to work with. Imagine placing 10 subwoofers in your living room, sure I'd like to try it to see what happens, but it's not something I'd listen to regularly.

What people are asking for is the option to change the LFE output not as the default state. It helps a lot in curing the issue with the side and rear surround sounding tinny, especially character voices and ambient sounds such as water. For example, the Razer Tiamat, allows you to change this so you can compensate for games that lack proper implementation of low frequency surround. Their sound was quite good in surround in just about every scenario. However, they are not as good as the Centurion in stereo for music and they had a faint background whine. So adding an OPTION to control this would really be a plus.

HeavyHemi wrote:
What people are asking for is the option to change the LFE output not as the default state. It helps a lot in curing the issue with the side and rear surround sounding tinny, especially character voices and ambient sounds such as water. For example, the Razer Tiamat, allows you to change this so you can compensate for games that lack proper implementation of low frequency surround. Their sound was quite good in surround in just about every scenario. However, they are not as good as the Centurion in stereo for music and they had a faint background whine. So adding an OPTION to control this would really be a plus.

More options for customizations do make sense, and I have already relayed this to the audio team in the past. Unfortunately, such changes to the firmware and software will only be under consideration for future products.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
More options for customizations do make sense, and I have already relayed this to the audio team in the past. Unfortunately, such changes to the firmware and software will only be under consideration for future products.

is there any new beta tests drivers/firmware we can test out?

for some reason the microphone sounds 100x better when the drivers are uninstalled but as soon as drivers are on the mic goes to ****

batty wrote:
for some reason the microphone sounds 100x better when the drivers are uninstalled but as soon as drivers are on the mic goes to ****

Check the microphone settings in Sonic Studio. Noisegating and Perfect voice are on by default. Nice of them to confirm that, even though this is their Premium headset, they are dropping driver support. Regretting ever buying ASUS. Their support team sucks. I can deal with defects. They happen. I don't like dealing with support that basically says, even though we could add those features to the product with almost no effort, we'll save them for our next ROG, overblown 'Premium' product, or repeating the same nonsense back to you as if they did not even read what you posted. Ridiculous for a PREMIUM PRODUCT.

HeavyHemi wrote:
Check the microphone settings in Sonic Studio. Noisegating and Perfect voice are on by default. Nice of them to confirm that, even though this is their Premium headset, they are dropping driver support. Regretting ever buying ASUS. Their support team sucks. I can deal with defects. They happen. I don't like dealing with support that basically says, even though we could add those features to the product with almost no effort, we'll save them for our next ROG, overblown 'Premium' product, or repeating the same nonsense back to you as if they did not even read what you posted. Ridiculous for a PREMIUM PRODUCT.

Wait, they are stopping driver support? WTF this thing was not cheap this is BS if true.

mikev190
Level 9
Well guys it is over for me with this piss poor headset.

I had to RMA a few months ago as you can see in past posts, well the replacment set didn't even last 6 months (H9 revision).

The mic died on me for no reason, then things got weirder and it started making my Razer mouse and mouse mat go mental. Soon as I removed the headset things were back to normal.

Fact is, the sound is ****, no matter what way you try to coat it, they are cheaply made and poorly supported all at a premium price tag. Not only that both me and my dad (who bought the same ones) have gone through 3 in less than 12 months! To add insult to injury I also had a premium ASUS router which had to be returned (Replaced with a linksys one).

So for anyone who is considering purchasing I'd avoid like the plauge. I'm going to be replacing these with the SteelSeries Arctis Pro. They get way better reviews. Not only that my old cheap Arctis 5 headset is still going strong years later.

So big middle finger to you ASUS, you have lost a loyal fan your support is crap. BTW thanks to Overclockers UK for giving me a full refund!

varnavas
Level 7
any news so many reports for this headset and no one from asus come to give us any information why ? 😞