Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta FW testing for Centurion 7.1

Bahz
Level 12
You can download the file at the link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8hXL86D6YHUWGZHVEFJTlFRbG8

Please share your testing feedback here in this thread.
132 REPLIES 132

mikev190
Level 9
Just a quick update, I ended up going for the HyperX cloud revolvers and they are in a different league to the Centurions.

So much clearer, no BS software and the best bit is the virtual 7.1 is better due to better clarity and way higher frequency range. If you can refund get the HyperX and have around £100 in your pocket and no BS support to put up with

MightyRan
Level 7
Not a single word from ASUS in almost two months.... pathetic.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Apologies for the delay due to other product releases. To provide everyone with an update - the new firmware is ready, but currently going through testing. I will release it once that is complete.

Please note that the new firmware will not have an official release, so it will only be available here on the ROG Forum. The new firmware was only created to accommodate users who do not care whether the Centurion is true 7.1. Although true 7.1 is still available, how the headset functions will differ from what was advertised.

For those still concerned about whether the new firmware will be as anticipated, I can confirm that the volume for all surround channels has been increased dramatically and the bass from those channels is rerouted to the subwoofer channel (crossover).

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Apologies for the delay due to other product releases. To provide everyone with an update - the new firmware is ready, but currently going through testing. I will release it once that is complete.

Please note that the new firmware will not have an official release, so it will only be available here on the ROG Forum. The new firmware was only created to accommodate users who do not care whether the Centurion is true 7.1. Although true 7.1 is still available, how the headset functions will differ from what was advertised.

For those still concerned about whether the new firmware will be as anticipated, I can confirm that the volume for all surround channels has been increased dramatically and the bass from those channels is rerouted to the subwoofer channel (crossover).

What about the downmix for stereo speakers anticipated months ago?

MightyRan wrote:
What about the downmix for stereo speakers anticipated months ago?

Downmix for stereo speakers has been implemented also, so you can use the audio station to switch between the headset and stereo speakers for output.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:

Thank you. And please, we understand this. What we've always asked for is the OPTION to get around limitations in games. We KNOW that it isn't correct by standard 7.1. And WE KNOW it isn't the fault of the headset per se'. We do care, that it is TRUE 7.1. ( are you really attacking users with this screeching?) The fault is in the lack of the OPTIONS, USER CONTROL to change the behavior so we can work around the game limitations. I wish ASUS and their reps would learn this as a corp motto: More user options are better. Lastly, stop leaving the impression that listening to your customers is a hassle, 'MasterC'. You're paid to serve us not complain we're asking for an option other true 7.1 headsets have had to get around this KNOWN ISSUE.. Hardware great, interface...meh.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The new beta firmware is now available:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105432-ROG-Centurion-MCU2-2-DSP2-4-Modified-firmware-with-...

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The new beta firmware is now available:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105432-ROG-Centurion-MCU2-2-DSP2-4-Modified-firmware-with-...

Yeeeeeaaaah... that's not what I wanted. You see, turning off true 7.1 and changing it to what ever you changed with adding some sound to rear and sides (which by the way is still "tin can" but with higher volume) isn't a proper fixing. Is it really what your "experts" could achieve for 1 year of fixing? Because you see for THAT price I want to have a true 7.1 which has SAME quality sound from ALL sides. So when I listen to Olesya from Vermintide 2 it wouldn't sound like she quickly run away from me when I turn my back to her and then quickly run back to me when I turn to see her beautiful face, or when I play Overwatch and I hear that Reinhardt (or some one else big and scary) is coming behind me with intention to sign an autograph on my chest with his hammer, I would think that he is far away from me and I just need to turn around and shoot him, AND when I do turn around I would have mixed feelings of satisfaction (that I'll die in the most glorious hand to hand combat) and dissatisfaction (that no one will ever recognise my body or face and I'll never have a good looking statue of me)

So PLEASE ASUS make the most logical thing in this situation. MAKE THIS HEADPHONES WORTH OF THEIR PRICE! One year is TOO long to fix the issue that MUSTN'T have been in the first place.

Javisoft
Level 7
Great Firmware !!

Javisoft wrote:
Great Firmware !!

Glad you approve!