As you understand I have the ASUS Strix 7.1 Gaming Headset.
The headset turns on and works fine on older computers, but not on newer ones.
I have a very strange thing happening once its connected to a new computer:
1. The headphones turn on for a second and then go off again.
2. The audio station itself, doesn't react at all.
3. Windows gives the generic "One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned ..."
So far I've tried the following, with no success:
1. Updating the firmware with both of the newest updates - STRIX 7.1 FWupdate 0208 & STRIX 7.1 MCU1.7_DSP1.4
2. Switched many different USB ports, no change.
3. ASMedia drivers for USB ports updated
4. Intel drivers updated
5. Uninstalled and freshly installed all USB drivers
6. MB BIOS updated (1803)
7. Checked with a different USB Y-Cable
MB: ASUS Z170-K
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
As the headset works flawlessly with older computers, this is my current lead:
- USB 3.0 - When connecting to any USB 3.0, it doesn work, no matter on which computer.
- USB 2.0 - Works on some computer, doesn't on others, including my ASUS Z170-K
- USB 1.1 - I suspect that its some stupid compatibility issue with USB 1.1 so I will try to connect a PCI USB 2.0 seperate controller.
Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated!