cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Theta 7.1 - PS4 Support

RagingCain
Level 7
Can I get confirmation on what it's supposed to support?

Currently seems to only support Inbound Audio (as a Mic) and not sound Output. The marketing would suggest otherwise as long as you are using the USB adapter - which I am.

Am I supposed to be able to play sound from my PS4 to the Theta 7.1 headset through USB adapter cable?
2 REPLIES 2

iadda320
Level 7
RagingCain wrote:
Can I get confirmation on what it's supposed to support?

Currently seems to only support Inbound Audio (as a Mic) and not sound Output. The marketing would suggest otherwise as long as you are using the USB adapter - which I am.

Am I supposed to be able to play sound from my PS4 to the Theta 7.1 headset through USB adapter cable?

Spegni la ps4 e poi sulle cuffie attiva la modalità phone/stereo, riaccendi la console e cosi funzionerà, purtroppo le theta non supportano il 7.1 sulla ps4, si sentono solo in stereo

iadda320 wrote:
Spegni la ps4 e poi sulle cuffie attiva la modalitÃ* phone/stereo, riaccendi la console e cosi funzionerÃ*, purtroppo le theta non supportano il 7.1 sulla ps4, si sentono solo in stereo

Google Translate

Turn off the ps4 and then on the headphones activate the phone / stereo mode, turn on the console and so it will work, unfortunately the thetas do not support 7.1 on the ps4, they only hear in stereo

That was perfect thanks, it is now working as expected.

È stato perfetto grazie, ora funziona come previsto.

Feedback for ASUS, add this as instructions? I think the big step that was unknown was switching it to Mobile before turning on the Playstation.

ROG Theta 7.1 PS4 Setup Steps as of the latest PS4 OS/Firmware v7.0.2 on 4/12/2020

Headset Setup for PS4

• Fully turn off Playstation 4 / Pro.
  • Switch Headset to Phone mode (switch/toggle is on the rear Left ear cup).
  • Connect USB-C to USB2.0 Adapter and plug USB2.0 Adapter into PS4/Pro USB port*.
  • Turn on PS4/Pro.

*Untested with USB Hubs or USB Extensions.

PS4 Setup

• Navigate to Settings -> Devices -> Audio Devices
  • Set Input Device -> USB Headset (ROG Theta Ultimate 7.1 gaming headset)
  • Set Output Device -> USB Headset (ROG Theta Ultimate 7.1 gaming headset)
  • Output to Headphones -> All Audio (for all Audio) or Chat Audio (for just communications).

Optional Troubleshooting
Check for ROG Theta 7.1 firmware updates from ASUS with Armoury Crate / Armour II / Sonic Sound.

PS4 Setup wasn't possible without the additional steps on Headset Setup for PS4.

In addition, USB plug and play was now working with the headset. I could disconnect the device and it would automatically switch back to the HDMI/Monitor output, and back to headset when re-connected.