cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX GO 2.4 autumnally disconnects

n0pain0gain
Level 8
Hello,

I'm really happy with this headset, but unfortunately there is a problem probably with software or firmware. As far as the battery goes under 25%, the headset autumnally turns off and I need to manually turn it ON again, but after 3 second it again turn off and like that endlessly.

Also it seems the battery percent is not quite precise, it always show rounded number to one quarter of 100 - 25, 50, 75 or 100%.
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
Yes, ASUS wireless devices show in 25% increments in Armoury Crate. So it probably just needs a charge. I'm not sure about the STRIX Go but with other devices you can set the lighting to change to red when you get to 25%. That can help if you tend to forget to charge it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Yes, ASUS wireless devices show in 25% increments in Armoury Crate. So it probably just needs a charge. I'm not sure about the STRIX Go but with other devices you can set the lighting to change to red when you get to 25%. That can help if you tend to forget to charge it.

This is not the real problem, i just mention this as a possible bug because I have other wireless asus devices - GLADIUS III and there is precisely up to 1%. Also those headset does not have any RGB, so I can't make them to light in specific color if they goes under 25% and also this is a little bit useless, because if they are on my head I will not be unable to see the color. And the really annoying thig is that the headset auto turn off if battery reach 25%.

xeromist
Ah, yes I did not realize there were no lights on that. I have a chakram mouse that has lights and it also only seems to show 25% increments. So battery status must vary by product. I charge my mouse almost every night so I haven't had any issues.

Perhaps I'm not clear. Is your headset showing 50% for a while and then suddenly it turns off the moment it hits 25%? Or is it at 25% for a while and then drops below and turns off but never shows 0%? I guess I'm wondering if what you're seeing is the battery dying prematurely at 25% or if the battery is working but you are unhappy it doesn't have more increments under 25%.

If it's turning off instantly at 25% and it is under warranty I think I might consider an RMA because it sounds like the battery capacity is not what it should be.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Ah, yes I did not realize there were no lights on that. I have a chakram mouse that has lights and it also only seems to show 25% increments. So battery status must vary by product. I charge my mouse almost every night so I haven't had any issues.

Perhaps I'm not clear. Is your headset showing 50% for a while and then suddenly it turns off the moment it hits 25%? Or is it at 25% for a while and then drops below and turns off but never shows 0%? I guess I'm wondering if what you're seeing is the battery dying prematurely at 25% or if the battery is working but you are unhappy it doesn't have more increments under 25%.

If it's turning off instantly at 25% and it is under warranty I think I might consider an RMA because it sounds like the battery capacity is not what it should be.

HAHAHAHAHHAAH Man get out of here, look what Asus hire and you aspect help from them, o NO they are premium brand 😄 he has no idea what product you talking about, and here it is giving you help, the headphones has problems from day one they reales this "miserable product" they disconnect and reconnect(the new firmware is trash too), the microphone some times people will hear you like you losing your voice, and you need to restart them , i sell them for 135 euros(verry happy now), i got Anker q30 they clean the ground with this asus, and was 79 euros! "Gaming headphones" 90% trash!
GPU: Phantom GS 4080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Asus Strix X670E-F
Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30(CMK32GX5M2B6000Z30)
Current resolution: 3440x1440 LG34GP950
Operating system: Windows 11 23H2

xeromist
This thread is about the battery indicator and lack of warning when the battery is low. The separate discussion about the perceived quality of the Strix Go is now in this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127811-Complaints-about-the-Strix-Go

Silent84
Level 9
@xeromist ignorant little ...., the guy that start the thread says "the headset autumnally turns off "this is hardware issues, battery indicator, man you are imbecil everyday but a bit more today, please do me a favor and remove my account from this forum, i don't want to see you again, if all the support are like you, people will lost there hope with getting any kind of help!
GPU: Phantom GS 4080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Asus Strix X670E-F
Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30(CMK32GX5M2B6000Z30)
Current resolution: 3440x1440 LG34GP950
Operating system: Windows 11 23H2

emre4238
Level 7

First of all, I'm having the same problem with this, did you find a solution?

Nate152

Hello emre4238

As a test, try using the usb-c to usb-a adapter cable and connect it to a usb port on your pc.

Does the disconnecting happen in wireless mode only?