cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Centurion Headset Update?

Gaz936
Level 8
Good day Bahz...

Would it be possible for you to give us all an update on the situation with the Centurion headset?

How did your testing go and have the engineering team made any head way?

Many thanks...

Gaz
82 REPLIES 82

tai50cent wrote:
hello everyones , sry for my english , i bought rog centurion 7.1 , this head is very expensive in my country (vietnam) but i try to buy it for playing pubg to hear the footstep as this product advertised. Well , after using this and compare to my old headset The easar tornador with is more cheap , this centurion make me regret about my money , i can't hear the footstep clearly and the sound is missing . example i can't hear something behind me , a little sound and left and right of my character face . And the "sound area" is small , can't prepare before something big coming like airdrop and cars . i downloaded the newest firmware already , insteall the sonic studio already but just a little improve . And today i hear something like " tin tin tin "............ pls update the driver or firmware fast . and my Centurion have series id Begin by H7 , does it's possible to replace new one because the mic is not good ? pls help !

Hi Tai50cent,

If games do not sound like you expected, try to play around with the audio settings or even start a new thread to see what settings other forum members are using to play PUBG. If your microphone appears to have an issue, please private message me the information below (for your privacy, do not post here).
1. Full Name
2. Phone number
3. Email
4. Address
5. Serial number of headset (should contain CM)
6. Proof of purchase / invoice

Thanks

ThisIsSGAR wrote:
I got my replacement back a couple of days ago but it seems the issue still persists. I love the sound this headset can produce, and I have an alternate mic, but I would like to be able to use the headset for communication as well.

I'm not sure if I somehow got really unlucky and they sent me a defective replacement or if I'm doing something wrong, but I feel a bit slighted.

I still love ASUS, and that probably won't change, but this whole situation has me a bit down. I waited for this headset since I caught the first hint of it over a year ago. I'm not even wholly unsatisfied, the sound is amazing, just a little disappointed by the mic.

Hi ThisisSGAR,

Sorry to hear that. If the microphone doesn't seem to sound any better, then we should replace it. I have put in the request to have another sent out to you. Someone will be in touch.

morph_
Level 11
MasterC@ASUS - any update on where my replacement headset is? I have been without one since the courier has picked mine up on the 29th of September....

18 days without a headset & pending.... Was initially advised it would take a 10 day turn around....

Guyvergamingtv
Level 7
still waiting for mine as well, been jut over 2 weeks, though may take 3-4 weeks as they are coming from China arnt they?

Gaz936
Level 8
I'm the guy who started this thread and I'm really sorry to see that your replacements are taking so long.

I had my replacement BEFORE I was asked to send the faulty headset back, that seemed like the best way to do it. Why yours have been done the other way around only ASUS can answer.

From notification of mine being sent out from China, it was only a couple of days before I received it as it was sent by Air Freight and this was back on the 1st Sep, so realistically they shouldn't take the 3-4 weeks that have been mentioned.

two times i wrote all necessary informations to bahz but he did not answer. I have still that Problem with the microphone. On the asus Support page i wrote my Problems but also there is no answer!

I think i have number 270 of the first headsets made and i have been asked for the information twice already and promised to be called by someone from asus the coming week over and over. Not much have happened since 22th of august. In its current state the headset is a really ****ty product and according to some posters in this forum some replacements are still as ****ty with the mic and subwoofer/surround sound problems.

I really hope asus delivers on this i do have some patience still.*

Been told that ASUS will contact me. Nothing yet.

Sent my information 3 months ago, soon 4.

I understand that it will take time, but what's the priority? People who's been talking about this problem or to send out new to the stores?

Considering order a mic, just to be able to speak on Discord. Would not be a mic from Asus..

8ball1986 wrote:
two times i wrote all necessary informations to bahz but he did not answer. I have still that Problem with the microphone. On the asus Support page i wrote my Problems but also there is no answer!

Hi 8ball1986,
Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll follow up on this, for any questions you can PM me.

Many Weeks, still waiting. Was told a swap but instead took my headphones. Waiting!

This service is complete rubbish, no response and then I do a search and discover Bahz is no longer on forum.

No wonder I'm getting NO RESPONSE. This is seriously the WORST customer experience.

I could have just walked into the original shop i purchased the headset from and gotten a REFUND,
then purchased a NEW set of headphones after testing the mic.

Now ASUS have my headphones, I have nothing, not even a RESPONSE. The next call will be to the Police and the ACCC as what ASUS told me they would do has not eventuated.

MrCyberdude