cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Centurion Headset Update?

Gaz936
Level 8
Good day Bahz...

Would it be possible for you to give us all an update on the situation with the Centurion headset?

How did your testing go and have the engineering team made any head way?

Many thanks...

Gaz
82 REPLIES 82

Bahz wrote:
The process to collect back the headset will take only 1-2 days and the replacement also take a few days only because it's shipped out by DHL express. They will provide full instructions on what to ship back, from what I know it's only the headset itself without the control box.

how will they contact me with instructions? By mail or email?

Well sort of glad I did the RMA now...

Just to provide some feedback to the issues I had on my headset. Background **** I normally use the Sennheiser GAME ONE for the past few years, but was looking to get back into true 7.1 for FPS on my gamer after it had matured more over the years. (My last true 7.1was from turtle beach when they first come out years ago, and it broke in one ear for one of the channels just after warranty ended.) The Sennheiser HMD 280 was my first headset from them and I have not been disappointed yet. ****

Running windows 7 x64 enterprise with the latest version of the software and firmware as of 8/25/2017. Run tests on it connected to USB 2.0 and 3.0 with no changes.

If I left all of the settings on the right turned to off and just adjusted the levels of the individual speaker groups the headset sounded pretty darn good.
Tried the below settings from the recommendation:
60-80% microphone volume is most optimized with this microphone
ENC enabled
Noise gate adjusted to the second bar from the bottom
Perfect voice off
Voice clarity at 100%
Compressor levels using default levels (communication profile)

The ENC, Noise Gate, and the Microphone volume did not cause issues with the audio, but once I started messing with compression and voice clarity for some reason the game audio from the speakers became tinny and not a pleasure to hear. Multiple games (Factorio, WOWS, Borderlands 1&2, and BF1) It did not matter if I rebooted my computer or not, it was still tinny, so turned both of those off.

I also tried some of the ideals from the other post and still nothing. It sounded like if I changed anything on the settings on the right it messed with the audio I was getting from the headset. It is like the software needs to be modified so that any settings you change need only change the speakers and then have another tab or section for just changes to the mic and not the audio.

Will send a PM so that I am notified once the stock has been updated to try one more time.

gnrhosh wrote:
Well sort of glad I did the RMA now...

Just to provide some feedback to the issues I had on my headset. Background **** I normally use the Sennheiser GAME ONE for the past few years, but was looking to get back into true 7.1 for FPS on my gamer after it had matured more over the years. (My last true 7.1was from turtle beach when they first come out years ago, and it broke in one ear for one of the channels just after warranty ended.) The Sennheiser HMD 280 was my first headset from them and I have not been disappointed yet. ****

Running windows 7 x64 enterprise with the latest version of the software and firmware as of 8/25/2017. Run tests on it connected to USB 2.0 and 3.0 with no changes.

If I left all of the settings on the right turned to off and just adjusted the levels of the individual speaker groups the headset sounded pretty darn good.
Tried the below settings from the recommendation:
60-80% microphone volume is most optimized with this microphone
ENC enabled
Noise gate adjusted to the second bar from the bottom
Perfect voice off
Voice clarity at 100%
Compressor levels using default levels (communication profile)

The ENC, Noise Gate, and the Microphone volume did not cause issues with the audio, but once I started messing with compression and voice clarity for some reason the game audio from the speakers became tinny and not a pleasure to hear. Multiple games (Factorio, WOWS, Borderlands 1&2, and BF1) It did not matter if I rebooted my computer or not, it was still tinny, so turned both of those off.

I also tried some of the ideals from the other post and still nothing. It sounded like if I changed anything on the settings on the right it messed with the audio I was getting from the headset. It is like the software needs to be modified so that any settings you change need only change the speakers and then have another tab or section for just changes to the mic and not the audio.

Will send a PM so that I am notified once the stock has been updated to try one more time.

I wanted to confirm that you already have the replacement with revised microphone? Those settings are meant for the version with the revised microphone.

Valle wrote:
how will they contact me with instructions? By mail or email?

They will contact you by phone to arrange the collection of the headset, after the headset is collected back then we will ship the headset replacement to you direct from the factory by DHL express.

Bahz
Level 12
For all those who have provided all the information over to me and I have confirmed that you're on the list, our service team should contact you within this week. For all those who did not receive a call from our service team, please send me a PM again with the same information you previously provided me and I will follow up with our service team.

Have anyone been called by the service team yet?

jaat96 wrote:
Have anyone been called by the service team yet?

I got back an updated list and it looks like they have called most people. Please note that if you provided a landline number, they will call during business hours and their SMS won't work since it's a landline. Again for all those who haven't heard back yet, please provide me with the same information again and please make sure you include your mobile number. Thanks.

Any updates about this hardware fix?

I submitted my details but haven't heard anything back yet.

Whats the usual amount of time before someone gets contacted?

Im itching to get this headset replaced.

Thanks!

Pr0reaper wrote:
Any updates about this hardware fix?

I submitted my details but haven't heard anything back yet.

Whats the usual amount of time before someone gets contacted?

Im itching to get this headset replaced.

Thanks!

Same here*

I am looking forward to the withdrawal from September 2nd, the day I sent the data as requested .....
I solicited several times and every time I was promised the following week ....
I think I have had a lot of patience, it is an unacceptable behavior for a premium product ......
I'm very disappointed with how Asus treats its customers