cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory software malfuntion with ROG Theta 7.1

PrÃ_d
Level 7
Hello,

So, this marvellous software Armory crate thought let's go update; which resulted in the program to malfunction.

Every time I want to configure my headphones it says I need to update but there is nothing to update.

I uninstalled it with the uninstall program you can download and reinstalled it and same thing keeps happening.

I even downloaded the whole install package to try that but still nothing.

The thing does not understand there are no more updates.

So now I can't even use the headphones because it always mutes my microphone and I need armory crate to unmute it
and to switch profiles.

It worked fine just 3 days ago 😕

What am I supposed to do?

I'm using windows 11

300-dollar headphones but can't even use them, ... What kind of idiots make this software.

Regards

Sebastian
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152 wrote:
Hi guys,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with you ROG Theta 7.1 headset after an update.

Something you could try is using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reinstalling Armoury Crate.

In the link below, select your operating system then click "Show all" in blue, the uninstall tool is the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury%20crate/helpdesk_download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0 and check for updates at the Update Center.

Did this help any?

I already did this multiple times.

It installs / updates / than when I want to use the headphones it keeps saying that it needs to update, while there are not updates
available.

They should really just give you the option to update instead of making it manditory and now probably because of some bug to malfuntion.

It worked fine a few days ago before it updated.

it's solved with me :

- unplug headset
- use tool to uninstall (do not reboot)
- use cc cleaner
- reboot
- use the small web installer from the site
- open armory crate
- plug in headset
- let it update
- works

The cc cleaner solved the update issue for me.

Nate152

Ill try what you did, though ive already wiped out my computer so i dont understand why it would stick around XD seems odd, but perhaps if i install armory crate with it unplugged.

Also what did you remove with cc cleaner?

Rebootableglitch wrote:
Also what did you remove with cc cleaner?

I just let it do a status check and than let it clean my computer/registry.

You can also do a windows health check and repair.

If you open a command promt as a admin just put in :

sfc /scannow

let it run and see what it says

OR

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

They both check your windows for infected or missing critical files and restore them via microsoft itself. (you need internet)

Nate152
Hello RebootableGlitch

On the left hand side of CCleaner click "Custom Clean", then click "Analyze", a list of files should come up, then on the bottom right click "Run CCleaner" and click Continue.

Repeat one more time to be sure they are all gone.

On the left click "Registry" and "Scan for Issues", then "Review selected Issues". It will ask you if you want to make changes to the registry, click No then click "Fix all selected Issues". Click close and repeat one more time.

Fingers crossed this works for you too.

Nate152
Yes, that is another thing you can run to make sure windows files are all good to go.

I'm curiously waiting for some good news.

Well I did not do the cc Cleaner, however I did not login to asus this time when i reinstalled armory i just plugged in my headset and let it update without being logged into my rog account, it fixed the update issue I was having, which seems rather odd, why would a login affect so much XD Thank you for the help both of you with resolving my issue!!! its now fixed 😄 its very much appreciated!!!!.

Glitch

Rebootableglitch wrote:
Well I did not do the cc Cleaner, however I did not login to asus this time when i reinstalled armory i just plugged in my headset and let it update without being logged into my rog account, it fixed the update issue I was having, which seems rather odd, why would a login affect so much XD Thank you for the help both of you with resolving my issue!!! its now fixed 😄 its very much appreciated!!!!.

Glitch

awesome, than we are both back on track for some gaming 🙂