cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static or black screen on a old monitor and a Rog Strix RX 560 V2

ddave
Level 8

Hi all, 

I get either black screen or static noise on a old apple cinema display hd (A1082) and some times I get the normal image on the monitor.

I tried the display on other computers and it works fine, which leads me to think about software and drivers.

The motherboard is an Asus Strix Rog B550-F Gaming with the bios updated to the latest version.

The graphic card is an Asus Strix Rog RX 560 V2 with all the Asus software and drivers up to date.

The monitor is connected with the dvi cable to the graphic card port.

Can anyone think of something to help me figure this out? 

5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ddave 

May I inquire if the situation you described occurred after any modifications were made?
Have you attempted connecting the Apple Display to other signal sources?

Thank you.

ddave
Level 8

Hi Jiaszzz, 

I had just assembled the pc and fresh installed win10pro, after that the display started misbehaving. I would get static (like old tvs), and on and off black screens.

I tested the display with the laptop and was working fine. Windows does recognise the monitor though.

Thank you for any inputs!!!

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ddave 

We recommended that you also try connecting the ROG Strix Radeon™ RX 560 4GB GDDR5 to other monitors for cross-testing purposes and with another cable as well.

Thank you.

it works fine with other monitors, it's just the apple display acting strange

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ddave 

In that case, we would recommend contacting the manufacturer of your monitor to investigate possible causes or arrange for repairs and diagnostics.

Thank you.