cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 12GB GDDR6X OC Edition sometimes won't wake up monitors

rjsflyer
Level 7

Random problem with monitors not waking up after sleep mode. Recently upgraded to this card and sometimes after waking computer up, the displays don't wake up and show no signal and go back to sleep while it appears the computer is awake. Sometimes the computer will reboot itself or I have to manually reboot to get the display back. Any suggestions appreciated. 

Specs:

Asus X570-e Motherboard, ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 12GB GDDR6X OC Edition GPU, AMD Ryzen 9 5800x GPU, Corsair 850w power supply, 64gb Corsair Vengeance Memory, (2) 1gb NVME SSD's. Currently have the Nvidia 546.33 (latest) Driver installed. 1-32" LG monitor connected to display port and 1-23" LG monitor connected to HDMI. 3 fan Corsair watercooler for cpu and 4 case fans. 

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @rjsflyer ,

based on your issue, may I ask have you make sure that the grphic driver is at the latest version?

May I ask when did the issue occur?

Did it occur the first time you use the monitor or after you chage the GPU to RTX 4070?

May I ask if you have confirmed that the signal cable and power supply are correctly plugged in?
When the motherboard powers on, does the POWER light illuminate, and are the CPU and fan operating normally, but there is no display on the monitor?
Have you tried updating the BIOS?
You can also refer to the following FAQ for further troubleshooting.

https://rog.asus.com/support/FAQ/1016113
 Thank you.

In response to your questions:

I have the latest Nvidia driver installed - 546.33 and the latest bios installed on the Asus motherboard.

The issue started occuring after installation of the GPU and upgrade of the CPU (AMD Ryzen 9 5800X). This problem occurs randomly and sometimes the monitors will wake up normally.

All cables and power connectors have been checked and are connected properly.

All indications are that the computer wakes up normally but the displays show no signal then go into energy saving mode. When this happens, the only way to recover is to reboot the computer via the reset switch on the pc case and the displays will start normally.

I have reviewed the troubleshooting FAQ you posted above and can confirm that the GPU is seated properly, power connectors are correct and temperatures are in the normal range. Signal cables are also connected properly.