cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Get Current Version is Null" - TUF-RTX3090-O24G-Gaming BIOS Update Error

WhoDat42
Level 7

All,

As per the title, I'm running a TUF-RTX3090-O24G-Gaming card with BIOS version 94.02.42.00.B4 (2021-03-08) and would like to update my BIOS. I have downloaded all four available BIOS updaters from the ASUS website (https://www.asus.com/us/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/tuf-gaming/tuf-rtx3090-o24g-gaming/he...) and for every one of them, I'm getting an error window saying "Get Current Version is Null".

I'm on a Ryzen 7 7800X3D system using Windows 11. I've tried running the executables as administrator with no luck. I'm experiencing what I believe are transient spikes with Baldur's Gate 3, but even if a BIOS update won't fix my issues with that, I'm still at a loss for why I'm getting this error. Searching for this problem yields one other thread relating to a 4090.

There are BIOSes available at Tech Power Up, but I'd rather get one straight from the source.

Anyone have any ideas or tips? Thanks in advance.

#TUF-RTX3090-O24G-Gaming

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @WhoDat42 

Regarding the game stuttering issue, may I ask if it occurs in a specific game or across multiple games? 
Could you provide details about the circumstances and frequency of the problem?
Did this situation arise after any software or hardware changes? For example, a BIOS update
If you clear the CMOS and restore BIOS settings to default, does it alleviate the stuttering issue?

Regarding updating the VBIOS, could you please provide screenshots of the error messages, along with the following information:
- the model of the motherboard you are using, the current BIOS version, and images of the BIOS settings (either current settings or default settings).
- the OS version and OS build
- how is the graphics card connected to the motherboard? Is there any use for adapters?
- please share the serial numbers of both your motherboard and GPU via PM

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂