Had to Uninstall Armoury Crate

jthomas666
Level 7

New build:

ROG Strix B650E-F Wifi motherboard

32gb RAM

Ryzen 7 7700x

Tuf Gaming Radeon 7800XT

Initially, the only problem was that Armoury Crate (installed with Full Install package 1.3.3.1) wouldn't recognize the graphics card.  After a week, it suddenly recognized the card, but the card didn't show up in Aura Sync.  Which was more annoying than anyting else.

Then I created another account for my wife.  After a few days, we noticed that after a day or so the system would start to lag, to the point where we had to reboot.  After a few days I figured there had to be a memory leak somewhere.

So I started uninstalling utilities.  First was the Alienware Command Center--which was no great loss, as it wasn't working anyway.  The memory leak remained.

I had read of previous memory leak issues with Armoury Crate.  Mine didn't fit those patterns, though.  Theere was a process called, I think, "System Monitor", that had a large chunk of memory, but I couldn't link it to AC.

I went ahead and uninstalled AC.  Boom--problem gone.

Of course, I can't really monitor my system now. Or tweak the lighting.

Do we have any idea when a new version of AC will be released?

6 REPLIES 6

Nate152

Hello jthomas666

Try installing Armoury Crate version 3.2.11.2.

Once installed, go to the Armoury Crate update center and check for updates.

Armoury Crate - Support (asus.com)

Thanks.  That version doesn't have the memory leak.

Now I just need a version in which Aura Sync will recognize my graphics card.

Nate152

You're welcome

Do you have the latest AMD graphics driver installed?

The latest driver looks to be Adrenalin 24.5.1

AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT Drivers

yep.

Nate152

When you uninstalled Armoury Crate, did you use the uninstall tool or uninstall from windows?

If you used the uninstall tool, try uninstalling it from windows, restart your pc and install version 3.2.11.2 again.

Does this get your Tuf Gaming RX 7800XT recognized in Aura Sync?

Armoury Crate - Support (asus.com)

AC uninstall.png

1. I used the uninstall tool, because everything I read said that I needed to use the uninstall tool.

2. I have had to uninstall AC yet again.  Not only was the memory leak issue recurring, but Aura Sync was getting worse, with only my memory being recognized.  The program intended to support the ASUS mothinboard didn't recognize the ASUS motherboard.  I get that there can be issues, but taht seems excessive.

So i just uninstalled it.  Maybe I'll try again when they release a new version--I did like my lighting.  Personally, I think ASUS crammed too much functionality into AC and the integration just isn't working.

Also, maybe we shouldn't list this issues as resolved just yet.