cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG strix rtx 4070 oc edition (Black Screen)

ramaketu
Level 8

Hello, I apologize in advance for my English. I bought this graphics card a month ago. I was building a brand new computer. I won't list the components here because I don't think it's important. Problem - When I turn on the computer, the white LED on the motherboard appears 6 times out of 10 shutdowns. This means that there is a problem with the GPU. Everything works, the fans spin, the RGB lighting works. The monitor just doesn't light up and nothing happens. I have to turn the computer off and on several times and trust that everything will start.I read here on the forum that this is a problem with rtx 4080 and 4090. A correction patch was released for it. There was a problem with the uefi bootloader that it didn't see the card. I'm 90% sure I have the same problem. Within a month of this happening , I tried 100 different ways to solve it, countless OS reinstalls. All update - win11, BIOS MB, BIOS GPU, Windows.

8 REPLIES 8

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ramaketu 

May I ask if the white LED you refer to is on, does it only mean that the Q-LED indicator of VGA is on?
If so, please refer to the VGA LED light is always ON after power on (indicates no Graphics Card or Graphics Card faulty) section in [Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators to try to troubleshoot the problem, and cross-test other graphics cards if possible.

At the same time, it is also recommended that you refer to [Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display and test with minimal components to isolate the possible cause.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Hello, thank you for your reply. I tried to buy another 850w rog power supply. The problem is the same 😞 Then I tried other memory and the problem is also the same. I even bought a different processor and again the same. I completely rewired everything. I did a clean install of Windows 11. Current build and drivers.  It is strange that the computer works normally, but when I restart it or turn it off, it sometimes happens that the white LED light on the board lights up and the monitor does not start (The computer does not boot and does not even get into POST). The system will not start. Otherwise, everything revolves and objectively It works. I let the GPU run for 12 hours in a stress test. No error. I also let memtest run for 10 hours, no error either. I also let prime 95 run for 12 hours too and no error 😞

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ramaketu .

We are unsure about the model of the motherboard you currently use based on the information you have supplied thus far.
Could you share the following information?
- the brand and full model name of the motherboard, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the current BIOS version and the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the OS version and OS build
- contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. Here I attach the configuration ---> Motherboard - ROG STRIX B760-F GAMING WIFI (Current BIOS and Intel ME. BIOS is set to default ) Source - ROG STRIX 850W Gold Aura Edition. Dram - Kingston 32GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY Beast Black RGB EXPO. CPU - Intel Core i7-12700F. GPU - ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12GB GDDR6X OC Edition (latest BIOS). OS - Windows 11 (Last build from Windows update) I will add the video later. Thank you for your help.

ramaketu
Level 8

MB - ROG STRIX B760-F GAMING WIFI (Bios - 1003, ME firmware - 16.1.25.2124v4)

CPU - I7 12700F (Default all, No,OC)

GPU - ROG-STRIX-RTX4070TI-O12G-GAMING (Bios - V1)

DRAM - Kingston 32GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY Beast Black RGB EXPO (Default all)

PSU - ASUS ROG STRIX 850W Gold Aura Edition

MB Bios all Default.

All HW is new.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ramaketu .

Just to clarify, do you mean everything is normal during startup, but whenever you restart the PC, the VGA Q-LED indicator lights up and it is unable to boot? Are you able to access the BIOS in this situation?
Have you made any changes to the BIOS settings? Could you please try Clear CMOS to see if it resolves the problem?
If possible, could you provide a complete recording of the situation when the problem occurred? This will help us better understand your situation.

Thank you.

Bonjour 

j’ai le même problème écran noir j’ai essayé avec une autre carte graphique sa fonctionne ! 
auriez vous la solution ? 

rtx 4070 ti 

i7 13700kf 

carte mère ROG STRIX B760-F GAMING WIFI

ram CORSAIR vengeance ddr5 5600mhz 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Zyz 

I am sorry for not being familiar with French, so I used Google translate to understand.
May I ask if you are currently experiencing a black screen issue? Did it happen after any changes were made? For example, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
Have you already tried the mentioned FAQs and troubleshooting steps without success?
Could you please provide a detailed description of the issue and let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already attempted?

Thank you.