cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Raikiri Pro Controller tried firmware update and it stopped working

aalzuhair
Level 9

So I tired Armoury Crate to update the controller .. but it would not see it, so I downloaded the updater and updated the dongle and that worked fine and then I tired the controller, and it gave me a failed message, I tried again as suggested and then the controller stopped working ... I mean its on but the screen is off and the PC gives me a "USB device malfunctioned" if i try to connect the controller to the PC via cable!! Did I just wasted $160 .... I'm so disappointed 

Is there any way to reflash this thing .. fix it somehow? ort is it straight to the trash sort of thing ?? please any help is appreciated 

Screenshot (1).pngthumbnail_IMG_3571.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aalzuhair
Level 9

Okay so I found the problem and found a solution

Never ever use a USB C to update your controller or use it !!! again DO NOT USE USB C CABLE

I used a USBC to USB A (PC Side) to update firmware using another PC (Just in case it was my PC issue) and it worked and now it's back to normal

BUT once I plug USB C (both ends) it stops and acts funny ... I hope this helps 

Screenshot (6).png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

aalzuhair
Level 9

btw: now when i plug in the controller it shows as "Gamepad Bootloader" .. maybe that would help

Screenshot (3).png

aalzuhair
Level 9

Okay so I found the problem and found a solution

Never ever use a USB C to update your controller or use it !!! again DO NOT USE USB C CABLE

I used a USBC to USB A (PC Side) to update firmware using another PC (Just in case it was my PC issue) and it worked and now it's back to normal

BUT once I plug USB C (both ends) it stops and acts funny ... I hope this helps 

Screenshot (6).png