cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix GO 2.4

skeet5
Level 7

Hi all.

Hoping for some help here or someone that has the same issue. My headset is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting even when I’m sitting at my PC. On top of that I get this horrible scratching static sound on audio playing through the headsets sometimes that also affects my microphone according to my friends in discord. I’ve tried the receiver in multiple USB ports as well as USB-C. Running latest firmware.

Side note: how epically low quality are those ear pads tho? Started wearing and coming off in 2 months

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @skeet5 

Based on your description, may I ask if the issue with intermittent disconnection occurs during the 2.4 GHz, USB 2.0, and Type-C connections? Was it also happening when using the 3.5mm wired connection?
Could you please assist in confirming the following information?
- Brand and model of the PC, OS version, and current firmware version of the ROG Strix GO 2.4
- When the buzzing static sound occurs, which type of connection is being used? Does the issue persist with other connection methods as well?
- Does this buzzing static sound only occur in Discord? Could you test different communication software or microphone recording scenarios?
- Please provide a video or audio recording of the scratching static sound 
In addition to testing different ports, please also cross-check with different PCs or laptops and try removing and reinstalling the relevant drivers.

Thank you.

Rumsteak
Level 7

Dongle bent after 1 week, helmet no longer working and no after-sales service, 160€ lost. Don't buy this headset. A disgraceful sales policy

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Rumsteak 

Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you.