cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling/Popping noise coming from every ROG audio USB devices.

PWN3D_
Level 10

As I'm not sure if this issue concern Armoury Crate or simply Asus audio drivers, I also want to post this here:

There is something wrong going on with how all ROG audio USB devices a process their audio. It sound like a driver issue but I can't find the culprit: Every ROG sounds devices are producing random poping/crackling noise (Tested a ROG Delta S Animate/Wireless/ ROG Throne Qi).

This kind of crackling noise are happening only when a sound is produced (watching video, playing...)

This crackling are way more noticeable and going really insane when using Elgato Wave Link and while routing a game or a browser to the game chanel and using their low latency mode. This crackling occurs every 45mins ish and the only way I find to stop them is to unplug/replug OR dissable/enable device from Control Panel>Sound of one of the Headsets or Rog Throne, even though their are not in use.

Here is an example of crackling that can be heard captured using nvidia replay feature:

Crackling happens @14s , I made them stop @35s by simply dissabling my Delta S wireless even though my Delta S Animate is the one in use (not showing on the video capture): the crackling usually come back after 30-45min.
Capture d'écran 2024-03-06 154808.png

I also want to add that this is also happening with only one ROG audio devices connected, meaning that I have to unplug and replug the audio device in use to stop the crackling.

I tried to see with Elgato Support but this crackling happen even when Wave link is not installed. This kind of extreme crackling only happen with the Low latency mode on ROG devices, It doesn't happen when an Headset is plugged to inboard audio OR at the back of an Wave XLR.

Log link since Google doesn't take file more than 10mb : Log_20240306.txt

Uploaded by PWN3D_ on 2024-03-06.
24 REPLIES 24

Hopefully they patch this issue up with a bios update. I've had this issue with my 2023 model and the new 2024 model. All we can do is wait and see what happens. 

Oxizee
Level 10

You can try an usb audio adapter?

Oxizee
Level 10

Try lowering bitrate in windows settings from 48khz to 44khz. 

I will thanks for the heads up. I also will try to get a deticated usb c hub with power adapter to connect my wireless headphones to might prove helpful. Will relay my findings when I get one.

Note that I use a PCIe extension card and not a simple USB hub so in my case, I bypass all USB ports from my motherboard. I don't know if an USB hub, even a powered one will do the trick since my guess is, this is not an power delivery problem.