cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to save the Auro Creator config for my keyboard to the onboard memory?

scccnn
Level 7

Hello,
Is it possible to save the Auro sync RGB configuration for my keyboard to the keyboard's onboard memory?
When you turn the Auro sync on for the keyboard, it seems it cannot do so.
If you turn off the Auro sync, you can save to onboard memory, but you only use the basic effects.

I just want to give different static colours to each key. However, with the basic effects, you can only apply the same colour to the whole keyboard.
My ASUS keyboard supports tri-mode connections, which can switch between multiple computers. However, without saving the RGB configuration to the onboard memory, you will lose all customised colour when you switch the connection. 

8 REPLIES 8

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @scccnn ,

according to your inquiry, could you please confirm if you mean that after setting up Aura Sync RGB, changing the connected device would reset the previously configured lighting effects to default? 

Have you set up synchronized lighting effects for both your local and peripheral devices? 

Could you also provide a screenshot of your current AURA SYNC settings? 

Are you looking to switch to the Aura Sync configuration for the respective host and keyboard when connecting different hosts? 

Please assist in confirming the issue.
Thank you.

Hi Aureliannn, Customer Service Agent,

Here is my answers to your questions :

According to your inquiry, could you please confirm if you mean that after setting up Aura Sync RGB, changing the connected device would reset the previously configured lighting effects to default?
-- Basically, yes. When I switch between wired, 2.4G, or Bluetooth, or just unplug and plug back the USB cable, the configured lighting effects with Aura Sync (Aura Creator) will be gone.

Have you set up synchronized lighting effects for both your local and peripheral devices? 
-- I only have this ASUS keyboard that needs to apply the RGB light effect.  I don't have any other host/device with RGB light.

Could you also provide a screenshot of your current AURA SYNC settings? 
--

Screenshot 2024-03-29 144901.jpg

20240329144823.jpg

20240329143631.jpg

Are you looking to switch to the Aura Sync configuration for the respective host and keyboard when connecting different hosts? 
-- Basically, yes. Again, I only have this ASUS keyboard that needs to apply the RGB light effect.  I don't have any other host/device with RGB light. And I don't want to install the ASUS software on another host. I want to keep my RGB configuration static for the keyboard, no matter which host it is connected to.

scccnn
Level 7

I already updated the keyboard's firmware to 12.42.03, and all other updates that appear in the "Update Center" have been completed.

scccnn
Level 7

@Aureliannn_ROG  any update on this?

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @scccnn ,

we'd like to inquire if you pressed the "Save & Apply" button when adjusting the lighting effects using Aura Creator. 

Please refer to position number 4 in the image below. 

After setting and pressing "Save," does the keyboard lighting still revert to the default state when switching connection modes or reconnecting? 

Your confirmation would be appreciated.

If your keyboard lighting reverts to default even after pressing the "Save & Apply" button, could you please provide logs and a screenshot of the Armoury Crate update center page

This will help us further investigate the issue.

Please confirm that the logs have accurately recorded the issue at the time it occurred.

(Start recording > Access the Aura Creator page > Adjust keyboard lighting effects > Press "Save" > Unplug and replug USB cable > Return to Aura Sync page > Verify lighting has reverted to default > Stop recording)
For log operation steps, please refer to Q5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043747/#a14
After recording the log, please upload it to the cloud, approve access, and PM me the link.
Additionally, kindly provide the product serial number too.

Thank you.

@Aureliannn_ROG 

After setting and pressing "Save," does the keyboard lighting still revert to the default state when switching connection modes or reconnecting? 
-- Yes

Here is the log link: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a0rcOBmBSzYqlQuuNrSOuKv2KBnBQHcv/view?usp=drive_link

Armoury Crate update center screenshot:
20240402093729.jpg

product serial number: R2MPKR023634

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @scccnn ,

thank you for the information you've provided. 
We've passed your details on to our relevant backend team for analysis. 
Please be patient and wait for any updates or messages from us. 
Thank you.

scccnn
Level 7

@Aureliannn_ROG    any update so far?