Z170
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

VCCIO voltage completely stuck, manual setting don't work at all

On my Maximus Hero VIII, my VCCIO voltage was ridiculously high when set to auto after setting XMP (1.35v or so), so I tried to set it to a more reasonable 1.15v. Booted into windows.. 1.008v. Tried a million different settings, higher, lower, does...

ibtar by Level 7
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Asus Maximus VIII Gene nvme runs only at 3.0x1 in m.2 slot

I am trying to understand why I cannot get my Samsung 970 EVO Plus to run at 3.0x4 in the m.2 slot. I have tried different bios settings that I thought would help but I could only get this to run at 3.0x1 in the m.2 slot. I purchased an adapter card ...

What is CSM and do I need it enabled?

Hi,Can anyone please explain what is CSM setting in BIOS and why do I need to have it enabled?I'm running M.2 Samsung 950 as a boot driver with Windows 10.Currently I don't use EFI boot partition, as I can't still figure out how to mark it as boot an...

otec by Level 7
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wake on LAN not working from shutdown - Asus Deluxe Z170

Hi guysI hope someone here can help me as I cannot find any recent topic which covers this.My problem is that since recently my PC wont boot from WOL when completely shutdown. If it's in standby then it will turn on from WOL packet but not when it ...

ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme Audio Question

My old headset quit on me. HyperX Revolve. I bought the new one, which happens to be USB. Did I make a huge mistake? Non of my sonic studio programs recognize my headset although they do work (Rather Crappy) in windows. I'm assuming I just can't...

PS4 Controller Bluetooth Issues (Z170 Motherboard)

So, I'll go straight to the point. I have two PCs, both of them have an ASUS motherboard (albeit different models, the one I am currently using has a Z170 one), both of them have Windows 10, one of them has a Bluetooth Dongle while mine uses an anten...

Maximus VIII Hero Alpha and TPM - PTT not exposed in BIOS

About five years ago, I built a PC with the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha mobo. It's been great. With an i7-6700K, 32GB RAM, and a 2TB Nvme SSD, it runs Windows 10. I use the desktop for all kinds of things but mainly development and photo editing. I often...

TPM 14 Pin for ROG Maximus VIII Hero

Hi, I've just taken delivery of my lo0vely new Mobo - but I cannot find a 14 pin TPM (Trusted Platform Module) anywhere...Can anyone help me out with where I can get hold of one please???

Notator by Level 7
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maximus VIII Formula Lighting Control Guide

Here I would like to show you how easy it is to use the RGB lighting feature on the Maximus VIII Formula. It's a cool feature and a nice touch from ROG, it allows you to customize the color theme of your build instead of the traditional red and black...

Nate152 by Moderator
  • 67 replies
  • 15 kudos
Labels