cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H610/B660/H670/Z690/B760/H770/Z790)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel ME Consumer Firmware :

Firmware : 16.1.30.2330 [16/10/2023]
PMC Firmware : 160.2.00.1043 [06/09/2023]
PCHC Firmware : 16.1.0.1014 [06/07/2022]
PHY N Firmware : 13.62.211.7255 [21/06/2023]
PHY S Firmware : 13.0.1.7085 [30/01/2023]
Download : Link

Check/Update Process :

Check current version : Right click on "Check.cmd" > Run as administrator

Install/Update : Right click on "Install.cmd" > Run as administrator > Automatic restart when install is done


OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel H610/B660/H670/Z690/B760/H770/Z790 chipset.

184,939 Views
219 REPLIES 219

VULC23 wrote:
Hi, I found big problem on Strix z690a with 2301 beta bios and official 2204 bios with ME 2091. I can't go below 1.305 vrout even if I use AC_LL. I set AC_LL to 0.01 and still I'm stuck at 1.305v. I'm on auto LLC which is 4.


Hi,

Generally speaking, If an OC was operated before an Intel ME Firmware update, a readjustment of your OC values may be necessary.

However what you are noticing is obviously a BIOS bug and probably not related to the Intel ME Firmware itself, have you had confirmation from anyone that the bug you are noticed does not occur with BIOS 2204/2301 & ME 16.1.25.2020 ?

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Generally speaking, If an OC was operated before an Intel ME Firmware update, a readjustment of your OC values may be necessary.

However what you are noticing is obviously a BIOS bug and probably not related to the Intel ME Firmware itself, have you had confirmation from anyone that the bug you are noticed does not occur with BIOS 2204/2301 & ME 16.1.25.2020 ?


Yes, because it was working for me on 2020 before I updated.

VULC23 wrote:
Yes, because it was working for me on 2020 before I updated.


Hello anyone there? I'm not a new user so start all over again without any preconceived misconceptions.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

I got some PMs from users telling me that an ASUS dev from overclock.net forum ("bianbao") told them not to flash the Intel ME Firmware that I offer in my thread because Intel ME Firmware needs to be "configured" for ASUS motherboards. It's wrong, the Intel ME Firmware update don't update/touch the ME firmware system-specific settings :

The ME region of your BIOS is split into two subregions : CODE & DATA.

- CODE : Where the ME firmware engine & subfirmware engine are.
- DATA : Where the ME firmware system-specific settings are (this DATA subregion is not meant to be updated with every Intel ME Firmware update, and this DATA subregion can only be updated/modified by a BIOS update when there is a major Intel ME Firmware change such as a branch upgrade for example).


The Intel update tool included in all my Intel ME Firmware packages only updates the CODE subregion of your BIOS ME region as intended by Intel. Which therefore makes my Intel ME Firmware packages compatible with all consumer motherboards using the chipsets listed in the threads (not just ASUS).


Paradoxically, now another ASUS dev offers my latest firmware package (with processes included) in overclock.net forum, without even crediting me ... :



Anyway, I do not feel offended, I see this as a guarantee of the quality of the drivers/firmware work I provide for the ASUS community for so many years.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

I got some PMs from users telling me that an ASUS dev from overclock.net forum ("bianbao") told them not to flash the Intel ME Firmware that I offer in my thread because Intel ME Firmware needs to be "configured" for ASUS motherboards. It's wrong, the Intel ME Firmware update don't update/touch the ME firmware system-specific settings :

The ME region of your BIOS is split into two subregions : CODE & DATA.

- CODE : Where the ME firmware engine & subfirmware engine are.
- DATA : Where the ME firmware system-specific settings are (this DATA subregion is not meant to be updated with every Intel ME Firmware update, and this DATA subregion can only be updated/modified by a BIOS update when there is a major Intel ME Firmware change such as a branch upgrade for example).


The Intel update tool included in all my Intel ME Firmware packages only updates the CODE subregion of your BIOS ME region as intended by Intel. Which therefore makes my Intel ME Firmware packages compatible with all consumer motherboards using the chipsets listed in the threads (not just ASUS).


Paradoxically, now another ASUS dev offers my latest firmware package (with processes included) in overclock.net forum, without even crediting me ... :



Anyway, I do not feel offended, I see this as a guarantee of the quality of the drivers/firmware work I provide for the ASUS community for so many years.



After reading the the link provided by MoKiChU, I cannot stop laughing how naïve people from nowhere pop up like a idiot without common sense.

MoKiChU, just ignored them. You the man.

JohnAb
Level 17
That's bad. There are always folk who are going to try and take credit for the hard work of others....

We know what a great job you do MokiChU 🙂
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3101, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2330, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

Don't you guys work together in the same office? 😛

JohnAb wrote:
That's bad. There are always folk who are going to try and take credit for the hard work of others....

We know what a great job you do MokiChU 🙂


Hi,

No worry, it's more the unjustified disparagement of my work by the first ASUS dev that demoralized me in the moment (but maybe his words were misinterpreted by the users, so i don't blame him), the second ASUS dev seems more objective about the quality of my work (even if he doesn't credit me for my work, he validates the quality of my work by sharing it, it's still gratifying from ASUS staff). It's fine.

Thanks for the consideration you have of my work & your support anyway.

jkendall wrote:
Don't you guys work together in the same office? 😛


Hi,

You are wrong, I don't work for ASUS. Everything I do for the ASUS ROG community is out of passion, on a voluntary basis.

pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
Dont worry aboyt that Mr.M,

I have always and will always use the drivers you provide for all of us in this forum.

You have always helped me out and count less of other's!

Thank you for all you do for us.


Hi,

You're welcome, thanks for your loyalty & your support.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

No worry, it's more the unjustified disparagement of my work by the first ASUS dev that demoralized me in the moment (but maybe his words were misinterpreted by the users, so i don't blame him), the second ASUS dev seems more objective about the quality of my work (even if he doesn't credit me for my work, he validates the quality of my work by sharing it, it's still gratifying from ASUS staff). It's fine.

Thanks for the consideration you have of my work & your support anyway.



Hi,

You are wrong, I don't work for ASUS. Everything I do for the ASUS ROG community is out of passion, on a voluntary basis.



Hi,

You're welcome, thanks for your loyalty & your support.



They did what? what tha ....
i am leaving that place now.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

No worry, it's more the unjustified disparagement of my work by the first ASUS dev that demoralized me in the moment (but maybe his words were misinterpreted by the users, so i don't blame him), the second ASUS dev seems more objective about the quality of my work (even if he doesn't credit me for my work, he validates the quality of my work by sharing it, it's still gratifying from ASUS staff). It's fine.

Thanks for the consideration you have of my work & your support anyway.



Hi,

You are wrong, I don't work for ASUS. Everything I do for the ASUS ROG community is out of passion, on a voluntary basis.



Hi,

You're welcome, thanks for your loyalty & your support.


�� (is a heart)
In here there is home!
Our Home!
Learn, Play Enjoy!