cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H110/B150/H170/Z170/B250/H270/Z270/B365/Z370)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel ME Consumer Firmware :

Firmware : 11.8.94.4494 [04/01/2023]
Download : Link

Check/Update Process :

Check current version : Right click on "Check.cmd" > Run as administrator

Install/Update : Right click on "Install.cmd" > Run as administrator > Automatic restart when install is done


OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel H110/B150/H170/Z170/B250/H270/Z270/B365/Z370 chipset.

456 Views
83 REPLIES 83

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

- Intel ME Consumer Firmware :
Firmware : 11.8.78.3689 [14/05/2020]
Download : Link



Thread updated.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

- Intel ME Consumer Firmware :
Firmware : 11.8.79.3722 [25/06/2020]
Download : Link



Thread updated.

piratino
Level 9
Hello there!

I never though there was an ME firmware for Z370. What is the need in installing this? It is necessary/recommended?

Thank you so much!

piratino wrote:
Hello there!

I never though there was an ME firmware for Z370. What is the need in installing this? It is necessary/recommended?

Thank you so much!


Hi,

This fixes vulnerabilities of your Intel Management Engine.

You can check your system vulnerabilities with this tool : https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28632/eng/CSME_Version_Detection_Tool_Windows.zip

Go in CSME_Version_Detection_Tool_Windows > DiscoveryTool.GUI extracted folder then launch CSME-Version-Detection-Tool.exe.

- If your system is vulnerable, it is imperative to update your Intel ME firmware
- If your system is not vulnerable, it is recommended to update your Intel ME firmware

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

This fixes vulnerabilities of your Intel Management Engine.

You can check your system vulnerabilities with this tool : https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28632/eng/CSME_Version_Detection_Tool_Windows.zip

Go in CSME_Version_Detection_Tool_Windows > DiscoveryTool.GUI extracted folder then launch CSME-Version-Detection-Tool.exe.

- If your system is vulnerable, it is imperative to update your Intel ME firmware
- If your system is not vulnerable, it is recommended to update your Intel ME firmware


Hello there!!

Well..it says my system is Vulnerable!! So I'll update.

I have mast MEI, so I should be ok updating the ME, right?


And as always... THANKS!!!!!

Warre1
Level 9
I think this is the first time i don't need this since latest Bios update already included this same version.

Warre1 wrote:
I think this is the first time i don't need this since latest Bios update already included this same version.


Hi,

No, your latest BIOS 2402 (ROG-STRIX-Z370-H-GAMING-ASUS-2402) does not contain the latest version from this thread :

- From your BIOS 2402 : 11.8.77.3664 [27/02/2020]
- Latest from this thread : 11.8.79.3722 [25/06/2020]

Can I install this from EFI shell? after updates my computer will not boot. So i was gonna try this but i can not boot windows OEM USB, ive tried for 2 weeks.
*

Datsun240z wrote:
Can I install this from EFI shell? after updates my computer will not boot. So i was gonna try this but i can not boot windows OEM USB, ive tried for 2 weeks.


Hi,

I sent you what you need by PM.

piratino wrote:
Hello there!!

Well..it says my system is Vulnerable!! So I'll update.

I have mast MEI, so I should be ok updating the ME, right?

And as always... THANKS!!!!!


Hi,

Right.

MoKiChU wrote:


Hi,

Right.


Ah! Another thing: does this "CSME-Version-Detection-Tool.exe" work also on other chipset, like the HM370 and the Z490 for identifying vulnerabilities?

Thanks!!